oka i've been playing guitar for bout 2 years...i REALLY REALLY enjoy it, everyday i at least play 45 mins to an hour of jamming...but im gettin tired of doin power chords all the time i wanna be able to step up an play some solos an thats my hardest thing i can learn a song besides the solo in ten mins and be able to remember it..i've had no lessons what so ever..an i got all the basics like pull offs hammer ons etc...but solos are what i wanna conquer, i know they're harder to master but i have that drive to play an play till i get it...should i get into some lessons so i can be taught on how to do what i wish to do ?
----------------------------------
My Gear-
Black And White Crate Fat Strat
Black Yamaha AE500
Blue Aria Acoustic
Crate VTX30B
Behringer HBO1 Hellbabe
Clayton .80mm Picks
Levy's Strap
lessons will vastly improve your ability to get laid using the guitar
and you can also learn theory, which will teach you how to write and stuff
SO
yeah lessons would be good
You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
I learned on my own. I learned scales, what scales go with what chords and all that. Then I looked at some of my favorite solos, saw what those guitarists did, and incorporated some of their little styles and techniques into my own. I don't think it's vital to have to learn from a teacher how to solo, but to each his or her own.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Lessons are always good. You could learn how to solo and even correct somethings you thought you were doing right.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
oka... i get what you guys are all saying... but i wawnna learn like van halen an kirk hammet, Angus Young solos.
----------------------------------
My Gear-
Black And White Crate Fat Strat
Black Yamaha AE500
Blue Aria Acoustic
Crate VTX30B
Behringer HBO1 Hellbabe
Clayton .80mm Picks
Levy's Strap