alright guys, new upgrade....i was playin this baby at guitar center, i loved the sound.the money for it might be a little harder to come up with, but i havent had an amp since around christmas (sold it to friend to buy new bass)

anyway, i am looking into stuff now so im more prepared when i have the money. so here are my questions...

350 dollars- worth it?

100 watts- loud enough for small venues? (and to get over drums)

and should i look into anything else? (not GK, all i can afford is the backline series, whcih automatically shuts off sometimes)

thank you boys. (and gals)
futball season and football season.
A - Worth it

B - Loud enough for small venues and can get over a drummer

C - You should probably look around some more just to look for bargains and get more knowlageable on the amp topic, and if you have any inhibitions about South-East Asian labor than you probably shouldn't go for the Ampeg

Sums it up pretty well I hope
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Quote by AboveTheBridge
A - Worth it

B - Loud enough for small venues and can get over a drummer

C - You should probably look around some more just to look for bargains and get more knowlageable on the amp topic, and if you have any inhibitions about South-East Asian labor than you probably shouldn't go for the Ampeg

Sums it up pretty well I hope

ahh, who else would knit my shoes make my amp?

that was a tasteless joke...
Quote by MLmaster37
(not GK, all i can afford is the backline series, whcih automatically shuts off sometimes)

Ehh? I had a Backline 115 for awhile that I used for small gigs, and it's never shut off for me.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
i believe i read somewhere that if it overheats, it will automatically shut off. go to musiciansfriend and read the reviews. or read your owners manual (granted you still have it) and if its true, it would say so in there.
I have one and it wins. Hard.

The EQ actually does stuff, and it gets out plenty of bass. The problem with the tiltback is it has a tendency to do so by itself, but its not a big issue. Though do yourself a favor and get the one with the built in effects. May be cheap, but if you are new to the concept, it'll help you decide what you want.
Yes, its worth it. Until I found my BA3 Ampeq (used) I was looking seriously at this amp. It has that great round Ampeg sound. It will do nicely for small gigs and such and can be heard over a drummer who isn't too frenetic on the skins.

And having a good part of my career working on computers and other heat sensitive equipment--the shutdown process on these amps for short circuits and overheating is a feature not a bug and will save the amp if such an event occurs.
Well, I have the BA210 220 watt and I have nothing but good things to say about it. To answer your specific questions...yes its worth it, it will be heard but you may want to save up for a bigger version(220 watts for $650) if you really want to stand out, and the only other amp I can suggest for the $300 area is a Peavy. They're very solid amps, and have a pretty bright sound, although they have trouble pushing the low end through sometimes...
I'm looking at the smaller BA112 myself, awsome tone and its an ampeg only thing is it cost about £260 in the UK so for $350 i say get it, i've never played a live gig but i've heard that it will easily get over drums no problem

I cant think of any other amps in that price range to reccomend
hey thanks guys.

im going to buy the amp i believe..now here comes the hard part, saving money.

i should have enough in around a month (birthday in 28 days) plus a couple of working days.

and one more thing-

is there the input on the back so that i can add another cab to it to get more volume? (and eventually upgrade)
it has a very good tone for the price and the eq is very easy to use and functional. the amp does distort a little when turned up to much though.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
I prefer Ashdown and Laney to Ampeg, because you get just as much bang or more for you money, and they all sound very similar.

But yes, it's a good amp. Very common, and Ampeg as we all know are a reputable company.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Last edited by Caustic at Aug 10, 2007,