hey guys im just wanting some opinions on what i should do with this. i work at a country club pool as the "pool attendant". my job is basically to sign people in when they walk into the pool area, and to keep this patio area clean that is outside of the pool gates. thats it. the lifeguards that work there are supposed to help me with cleaning up that patio area. of course, 9/10 of them are douchebags so they dont. basically the head lifeguard or the assistant manager makes me clean everything up. whats funny though, is that if i quit, they would only have one other pool attendant and they would be completely screwed, but they still treat me like ****. they never make anyone else do anything except for me. i havent ever said anything about it just because in case i need them for a reference or anything like that, im not gonna go and make a scene about it.

when school starts up, theyre going to make me work every weekday and the other pool attendant just has to work saturday and sunday. this is complete bull**** also.

my question is, do you guys think i should go ahead and quit? im sick of being treated like a bitch at work. everyone says o you dont ever have to do anything, but i end up doing everything. even though i only have a few weeks left, its going to suck balls working everyday after school and getting the same treatment.
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Last edited by rnrsoldier1461 at Aug 9, 2007,
Well, if you're treated like shit you should leave right now, the most important thing at work is liking what you do. Besides it's not like you have 3 children and need that job, I'm sure you can get something better out there.
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
Life is going to treat you like a bitch, so get used to it. I would quit though if they were treating me like that.
Sounds like complete crap, I wouldn't put up wit it.
I think you should quit, unless you really need the money.
It's not what we would do that will help you. The real question is what would Brian Boytano do?

I think he'd quit.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "if I live I will kill you."
"If I die, you are forgiven."
Such is the rule of honour.
well it just gets really old because i get pushed into doing stuff thats not really my job. i end up having to do all the lifeguards **** (the trash theyre supposed to pick up) and then later they say i never have to do anything
Lunatics on pogo sticks
I would quit.
Don't You Talk to Billy Idol That Way.

Gear:
Epiphone Limited Ed. G-400 W/ Maestro Trem
Washburn WI14 Idol Series
Jasmine ES-31 Acoustic-Electric
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112
my parents say im being ridiculous, but wouldnt you guys get sick of that **** too?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
If you don't think that the treatment is worth the pay then yes, quit. If you get paid well, then don't. Take your pick.
Go get your shovel.
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
hey guys im just wanting some opinions on what i should do with this. i work at a country club pool as the "pool attendant". my job is basically to sign people in when they walk into the pool area, and to keep this patio area clean that is outside of the pool gates. thats it. the lifeguards that work there are supposed to help me with cleaning up that patio area. of course, 9/10 of them are douchebags so they dont. basically the head lifeguard or the assistant manager makes me clean everything up. whats funny though, is that if i quit, they would only have one other pool attendant and they would be completely screwed, but they still treat me like ****. they never make anyone else do anything except for me. i havent ever said anything about it just because in case i need them for a reference or anything like that, im not gonna go and make a scene about it.

when school starts up, theyre going to make me work every weekday and the other pool attendant just has to work saturday and sunday. this is complete bull**** also.

my question is, do you guys think i should go ahead and quit? im sick of being treated like a bitch at work. everyone says o you dont ever have to do anything, but i end up doing everything. even though i only have a few weeks left, its going to suck balls working everyday after school and getting the same treatment.

why do you care? you get more money
no job is gonna be a walk in the park...you probably get to sit around until someone comes, and then pick up trash once in a little while. don't quit thats a whole lot better than anything else you'll get.

as for the work hours tell them that you can't do it, and that if you have to you won't take any shifts, but you'd rather find a middle ground. don't forget you don't have to list them as a job reference. if they get pissed with it then it doesn't matter.
It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat **** and die

Now is the time for you to decide which group you'll fall into.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
In the UK, they have to give you a good reference, but they can refuse to give you one but it has to be for a good reason.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
If it's just a few more weeks then you might as well finish the job. If you quit without giving a few weeks notice then they aren't going to give you a good refrence for your next job.

Just finish it.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by andrid
no job is gonna be a walk in the park...you probably get to sit around until someone comes, and then pick up trash once in a little while. don't quit thats a whole lot better than anything else you'll get.

as for the work hours tell them that you can't do it, and that if you have to you won't take any shifts, but you'd rather find a middle ground. don't forget you don't have to list them as a job reference. if they get pissed with it then it doesn't matter.

i have to sign people in the whole time, and when theres a break where theres no one coming in, im picking peoples **** up. and i said i didnt wanna work everyday after school for a few weeks just cause a school day is long enough without adding 5 hours of work on top of it
Lunatics on pogo sticks
no what you do is....
one day ask a lifeguard "hey Billy will you help me clean up this gook by the pool?" and when he reigns down on you with his douchebag ways, act like you shrug it off. Pretend like you trip and fall in the pool and pretend to drown. Make the little ****er do his job, and when he jumps in to save you...
CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE
A. dunk him under for an extended amount of time until you're pretty sure he has been drowned.
B. drunk him under for a short time, tell him you're just playing, and then when he gets out of the pool, put him in a headlock and snap his neck like a twig
or C. if they sit in one of those high chair stand thingies? take a chainsaw to one of the legs and watch him fall over then chainsaw his arms off and spit on him.
either way, it'll make interesting talk with you friends.
PeaceLoveUnityRespect
also i could make an extra 300 or so dollars if i stayed until labor day. anyone else?
Lunatics on pogo sticks