I mean honestly, in every thread all you see is

"sorry if it's been done before, search bar isn't working"
"search bar said nothing"
"search bar is down"
"where's the search bar?"

makes no sense
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
Search bar is useless when you have over 1000 members who have similar interest and tend to want to make threads about topics already discussed but with different tones/ideas/etc... I got warned for making a thread that asked a similar question to another. O well.
even in this thread people wont shut up about it
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
haha, the great old search bar... the only good thing about it is the legend that lives on.

dunno if that makes sense?
i wish the search bar would just bring up threads that have what you search for in the title, i hate when i go to search for something and it gives me 100 threads that only say one word i was searching for somewhere in the many pages of the thread
Quote by 18th_Angel
No dude, that is definitely an ugly chick. I'm talking 10 or 11 beers ugly.
Quote by UTVol
i wish the search bar would just bring up threads that have what you search for in the title, i hate when i go to search for something and it gives me 100 threads that only say one word i was searching for somewhere in the many pages of the thread

go to "search", then under Search by Keyword, select it search titles only. problem solved
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
people say 'use the search bar' too much. who cares if the topic was done a month ago? new replies never hurt anything. i can understand if there was like 12 LOLBARRYBONDSSUXXXX FOOKINGROIDSMAANNN threads in the first 2 or 3 pages but otherwise people just say it in an attempt to be funny/an asshole.

i realize this has no real value to the thread, i just felt like saying it. sue me.
BIIGFTJ?
(Jack) why teh fuck do people still have rottweilers/pit bulls?
(Lucy) why the fuck not?
(Jack) because they have a strange tendency to EAT YOUR CHILDREN
yeah the search bar is pointless it just gives you a million threads with the words in it instead of finding threads where that is the topic
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
I must say, the search bar is only ok for finding information. If it had a feature that showed you which post contained your searchwords, that would be great.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
People say they use it because morons like to make pointless, aimless, and sobersided jokes about the search bar, and how people don't use it.
Governor of the Jersey Rocks group
PM me to join
WHY DIDNT YOU USE THE ****ING SEARCH BAR BEFORE YOU STARTED THIS THREAD, HUH? IT'S BEEN DONE FIFTEEN TIMES BEFORE.

See I wrote that all in caps to show you how serious I was.
Honestly, I can't stand when people say "use the searchbar" to threads that ust may have been done once or twice. Honestly, if it's so terrible that the thread has been done before, way to bump it up to the top of the board where the pit gives most of its attention to.
Oh it is so much better when you do use the search bar to find a topic, then you post, and someone says.......Why the hell did you bump an old thread....you noob.
epic7734
90% of UGers don't understand how to use the search bar, anyway.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
I only tell people to use the search bar when the thread has been done within the last few days. Some people deserve to have their threads spammed with "use the search bar". Especially those people in the Bandleading forum (or here, for that matter) who make threads asking for band names, or people who make threads in the Pit regarding dream bands.

And yes, most people don't know how to use the search bar. That's why they can't find anything (that's assuming those that say they have searched actually have, which 90% of the time they don't).
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Quote by UTVol

+1
Quote by bandman2000
+1

There's an advanced search bar for these forums, for those of you who have the intellect of a brain-dead chimpanzee.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php

Select "Search Titles Only". It's even been mentioned in this thread already.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....