i just now relised something that i as well as alot of other people are guilty of, lumping guitars in with certain styles, i was listening to a vid on youtube of some guy playing some pretty awesome 80's style heavy stuff on a fender jag, and in comments some1 said something like "playing stuff like that on a jag is a discrace" and the guy said something like "you can play whatever you want on whatever you want, just cause you play bc rich, ibanez, or jackson doesnt mean you cant play blues and jazz, you just have to know your instrument, its all propaganda by the big companies, "oh your heavy, you need this guitar" the player chooses his guitar and the guitar plays your music" and then i relised he is absolutely right, even though jackson pickups are ment for metal, i've heard some pretty amazing blues and jazz on jackson and b c rich guitars and i just though "who plays blues on a jackson?" i'm not saying that if i want to play blues im gonna buy a jackson, but if i'm gonna be playing both blues and metal, then i dont feel the need to buy 2 guitars, kinda what im going through now, i play classic rock and starting a soft rock band, like clean/crunch, and rather than buying a hollowbody or strat like i was going to, i'm just gonna get used to playing with my baby i got right now, just keep ajusting settings till i get them the way i want them, i dunno really why i posted this here but now that i wrote this wall of text i dont feel like not posting it
Longest run-on sentence I have ever read. Also it really doesn't matter what kind of guitar you have, just have the right amp since that's most of your tone.
true, i think my guitar was build or rock and metal but it also does some pretty good blues and country, plus i can make it sounds kinda like an acoustic lol
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
yeah and maybe choose appropriate pickups in some cases
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Quote by cyclobs
true, i think my guitar was build or rock and metal but it also does some pretty good blues and country, plus i can make it sounds kinda like an acoustic lol

So, to get the perfect sound on all you need is the right amp? So all I need to do is buy different amps? I feel enlightened now, and I'm going to buy all the amps I can.
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
Quote by burrit0
Longest run-on sentence I have ever read. Also it really doesn't matter what kind of guitar you have, just have the right amp since that's most of your tone.

Jesus, you're right, that's an obsenely long sentence. I thought about the amp thing too, that and the whole "tone is in the fingers" argument. You can really adapt any guitar to any style, all it takes is some thought and a bit of flair. You think if B.B. King was given a ibanez he would sound really any different then when he's playing Lucille? Sure, some tone would be different, but it would sound like his signature blues style. It's not so much propaganda as it is a marketing strategy. Corporations see that metal/rock/pop is popular, what do they do, give all the biggest guitartists their guitar and sponsorship.
Use the shift key and the period next time?
Quote by cnut
When I was eight, me and my best friend started "practicing for girls".
Which involved us going into the woods, and him sticking his dick in my ass.
The last time we did it, his sister caught us.

use AVG as your anti-virus
It doesn't matter what it says on the head stock, or if the pickups, or the tone wood are more widly used in a certain genre. you can play what ever guitar in whatever genre...I've actualy gotten into arguments about this before. I play some heavy stuff sometimes, I wouldn't call it "metal" my budy says I play acid rock when I turn up the distortion, but I would really classify my style a jazz, and blues oriented, and I would much rather play on an ibanez than say, a fender, or gibson. I think ibanez makes superior guitars at fair prices, and though some people may not know, or aknowledge it, but most ibanez guitars sound really sweet, and I mean SWEET, like you could almost taste sugar when you play them clean or with light distortion. sorry I didn't mean to rant, or maybe I did....
Quote by JC13
It doesn't matter completely, but still you'd be an idiot if you were a classical/blues guitar player to buy a BC rich NJ series warlock with an active EMG 85 pickup in the bridge, and nothing else.. So it matters to a certain extent. And I also figured the same about amps, they make so much more difference..

Hey, what's up with your join date? why are there two? or is my computer messing up?
one word

Versitile
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Custom Deluxe
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

It's obvious I don't like fender at all

HORSE the BAND
You can play any kind of style on any kind of guitar if you have your amp settings right and you're a versitle musician. Like the great Vai once said, tone is in your mind and your fingers.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Quote by GravityRides
one word

Versitile

hahaha if you're only gonna say one word, do us all a favor and spell it correctly.

TS: you could have summarized that in one short sentence without losing any meaning. why do you torture us?

My mind is going. I can feel it.
The guitar matters for the genre you're playing, but to a VERY SMALL EXTENT... it's mostly the amp.
Quote by JC13
It doesn't matter completely, but still you'd be an idiot if you were a classical/blues guitar player to buy a BC rich NJ series warlock with an active EMG 85 pickup in the bridge, and nothing else.. So it matters to a certain extent. And I also figured the same about amps, they make so much more difference..

True that: to some degree, pickups play a role in tone, as anyone who has ever tried playing Slayer on a Telecaster has known. There was a thread here a while back that discussed precisely why single coils aren't used in metal (I think the consensus was that single coils don't have enough "bottom" in their sound).

But then again, I have heard decent boom come out of a bargain buy Starcaster when it's plugged into a 120w amp, so...
Quote by bigredbeast
how much is 15,000 PHP? I didn't know they played guitar in the Phillipines. I thought they played ukelele or something.

Because, of course, we're too far away from places with guitars and all that stuff so we play ukelele...