I'm having a very hard time deciding right now. I love all kinds of music but I especially love metal and rock and roll. The strat is the MIM deluxe players strat. I have a Roland cube 20 watt. I already own an agile les paul copy and I like it. I'm mostly worried that the single coils won't get it for me. Anyone care to help?
I know, but I don't want that one. I'm just looking at the Deluxe player's strat.
Quote by ChiliPepper093
theres a strat with hss its amazing i have the highway one version.

yeah if you want a strat get one with a Humbucker, if not then i'd say go for the Schecter
EDIT:
Quote by Konrade
I know, but I don't want that one. I'm just looking at the Deluxe player's strat.

then i say go for the schecter
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Yeah, if you're going to pay a little more for the deluxe MIM, you might as well hold out a bit longer for a Highway 1(probably find a used one for the same price as the MIM). However if you're unsure if you're going to like single coil tone you should go to a music store and play some Strats and Teles before you even think about buying anything.
Strat
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
I played them, and I really liked the neck on both of them and they sounded great even though I was playing through some crate practice amp. I loved the tone of the strat, but do you think it could be heavy enough for the metallica style sound? Plus this is a gift and I have a budget of 600 and I can't exactly save up because I made a deal with my aunt.
Well Since I own both let me weigh in here. The highway1 has a very weak HB. I got mine replaced with a SD super distortion. It plays sweet but it still isn't as intense as the hellraiser or the custom. So if you are playing really heavy sounding music be smart and get the schecter hellraiser. If you want a more versitile guitar get the Highway 1 or the schecter custom. I would have to say that the custom is a little more versatile if you aren't playing blues. There you have it from someone that has all three and plays them through a cube 30 and a blues jr.
Fender Highway 1 Fat Strat
Fender MIM Standard Strat(EMG SL-20 loaded pickguard)
Gibson Les Paul Special
PRS SE singlecut
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Vox Valvetronix AD50-VT
Fender Blues Jr
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by teegee420
Yeah, if you're going to pay a little more for the deluxe MIM, you might as well hold out a bit longer for a Highway 1(probably find a used one for the same price as the MIM). However if you're unsure if you're going to like single coil tone you should go to a music store and play some Strats and Teles before you even think about buying anything.

The classic players IMO is much better than the highway 1.

But based only on your musical tastes, the scheter, if you prefered anything else, classic players FTW
i have both as well even tho my strat is a squier. The neck on the two are like night and day different. The access is WAY better on the c-1. I have the c-1 elite and it has a coil splitter on the tone knob so it can give you strat sounds if you want. I recommend the schecter over any fender. I played tons of fenders before i bought my 2nd guitar, my jackson. for me the fenders dont have the tone or feel i look for in a guitar (just my opinion). Love the schecter, great warm sound and phenomenal access reasonably fast necks!
Jackson Dxmg w/dimarzios up n down
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!
Quote by fuzzyDXMG
i have both as well even tho my strat is a squier. The neck on the two are like night and day different. The access is WAY better on the c-1. I have the c-1 elite and it has a coil splitter on the tone knob so it can give you strat sounds if you want. I recommend the schecter over any fender. I played tons of fenders before i bought my 2nd guitar, my jackson. for me the fenders dont have the tone or feel i look for in a guitar (just my opinion). Love the schecter, great warm sound and phenomenal access reasonably fast necks!

save a bit more, and get the schecter c-1 classic...its the best decision i have ever made, there is nothing at all wrong with that amazing guitar...and the 5 way switch split the coils but u don't have to pull anything, its great
c-1 classic
mim strat (not fender)
valveking 112
Boss dd20 giga delay
Boss phase shifter
more to come
fender acoustic

my band

Quote by someperson
buy a wah wah pedal. Easier to use, and you won't have to re-tune your guitar after you use it.