Hey guys, Im having a problem with Audacity. When every I record, the waves that it shows while im recording, are maxed out(really big). This results in very fuzzy sound. Ive tried lowering the input volume, but it doesent do anything. It seems to have no effect. I have used audacity before and it never has had this problem. Ive made sure my amp volume is As low as it can go. I took a screen shot of how the input volume selector is low, but the waves are huge. Check it out:
http://img513.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledbw7.png
How do I fix this? Thanks!
Last edited by GuitarEvan07 at Aug 10, 2007,
Go to the system volume and turn down the mic and line in volumes. Or move the mic farther away.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
yea, what jthm_guitarist said. id say try just lowering the settings first, though.

my problem with audacity is that when the sound goes below a certain point, audacity takes it all the way to zero.... so whenever a soft part comes in my playing, audacity acts like the sound isnt even there. i have no idea why it started doing that, and i dont know how to fix it, lol.
well i tried doing what you all said, and I turned down the mic volume, and nothing happened. I have no line in slot on my comp. I am recording through the USB. Amp-recording out-1/4'' cord to USB converter.
Have you looked at the mic level while recording? I've noticed that Audacity sometimes doesn't hold the change in level and when youpress record the mic level jumps up. If that's the case then adjust the level while recording. Then it will stick.
not supposed to endorse illegal activity so you know... "buy" cubase 3
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Try reinstalling..or go to your control panel (if your in windows that is) go to sound settings and look at your input setting and look at advanced sometimes there is a check that boast the input on you line-in/mic volume
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
Anyone have any good audacity alternatives? Only the beta works for me, the normal version wont open up. I saw cubase mentioned, anyone use anything else?
[Currenty playing]
Jackson DKMG
Check download.com. Yes, it's legal.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by GuitarEvan07
NAtional anthem, read up I said im recording through usb.

Who can tell me where to download Cubase. Its not on download.com

Google is you friend i'd bet
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
Quote by fly135
Have you looked at the mic level while recording? I've noticed that Audacity sometimes doesn't hold the change in level and when youpress record the mic level jumps up. If that's the case then adjust the level while recording. Then it will stick.

This is right, have you checked this, it's the only thing I don't like about audacity...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join