So next wednesday I'm seeing Pelican at the Richards on Richards in Vancouver, and the show is 19+ and I'm only 18.

Tickets were only $15.00, so I figured I might as well give it a shot to try to get in. I already have my ticket, so chances of me actually being ID'd at the door are relatively slim from what I've heard, but still, theres always that chance..

If I do happen to get ID'd, I think the best plan would be to keep feeding him money until the bouncer turns a blind eye and lets me in. I'll be bringing a couple twenty dollar bills as bribing money, but I don't know how to go about actually giving him the money without making it awkward/me looking like an idiot.

has anyone been through this before? suggestions?
i have a fake ID card for that.

you can also say that your 19th birthday is in one month and it wont make any difference if he lets you in now or if it were one month later
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Quote by Eruption1991
i have a fake ID card for that.

you can also say that your 19th birthday is in one month and it wont make any difference if he lets you in now or if it were one month later

because the id says your birthday although even between 18 and 19 what the hell give it a shot
Quote by freedoms_stain
19+ what the hell is the point in 19+?

Is the drinking age 19 in canada?

yeah, in British Columbia, the drinking age is 19+, which is ridiculous

and getting a fake ID wasn't really doable, as I had no need for one until now (I have a friend who boots alchohol for me and my friends all the time) and unfortunately I found out about the concert too late to hunt someone down to make me a fake..
Quote by Nite27
and getting a fake ID wasn't really doable, as I had no need for one until now (I have a friend who boots alchohol for me and my friends all the time) and unfortunately I found out about the concert too late to hunt someone down to make me a fake..

sorry bout that dude, good luck then

Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

I've been to the commodore ballroom a few times and its not that difficult. You wont get id'd at the door, but just dont try to buy any drinks. Ive never been to richards on richards though so i dont know how great the security is there.

Im only 18 to by the way.

The only bar shows i usually go to are at the cobalt and the lamplighter, and face it, its not very hard to get into either of those.
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
well, I'd say don't shave until you go. the facial hair might make you look older and lower the chances of getting ID'd...

other than that, there aren't really many differences between the way a 18 and a 19 yo look, so you should be set...
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
You should be fine as long as you're in a big queue.. Their top priority is to everyone in.
haha 19+

Anyways, who the hells gonna ID you if you're a year under? You'll still probably look 19
Fold a 20 over your card.

Bouncers are VERY easily swayed

Anyway, it's not like you are 16 trying to look 18. By the time you are 18 you look pretty adult anyway; you should have no trouble passing for 19. If possible, go to the show a little unshaven, always makes you look much older.
Just go in and say that your uncle runs the sound desk, and he's showing you how to use it. After that stand near the sound desk then make your way in.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012