Poll Options
View poll results: Which is better?
The Clash
32 84%
The Pogues
6 16%
Voters: 38.
Quote by Alix_D
The Clash, the Pouges aren't even similar to them.

well its got some of the same members, and some of it is very similar
sup?
they're two completely different bands, ones a punk band and the others pretty much an irish folk band, there's practically no comparison.

overall I prefer the clash tho.
The Clash are nothing like The Pogues, but I like them both.. stupid poll..
PiT LURK3R

Quote by _Mayday_
Fellow Transformers, it has come to my attention that we have the mighty Megatron in our midst!

Ninja of the Ninja Club
hey many of the songs are very similar and they'e both punk. pogues just also does a lot of Celtic-Punk. you are all idiots for thinking they are completely differet
sup?
As stupid as a comparison is, no band will ever come close to The Clash anyway.

RIP Joe Strummer
Pogues for me! Though the Clash are undoubtedly cool, I've just never been able to get into them as much as the Pogues. And by Pogues I mean Shane McGowen era Pogues.
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Quote by ldl67
hey many of the songs are very similar and they'e both punk. pogues just also does a lot of Celtic-Punk. you are all idiots for thinking they are completely differet

I can't think of any Pouges songs that sound like Clash songs, they're boarderline punk in general as a lot of their work wasn't very punk, simply being a punk band doesn't mean you sound alike, for example the Sex Pistols sound nothing like Clit 45 or Rubber City Rebels sound nothing like Sublime or Crass.
Quote by akaDan
As stupid as a comparison is, no band will ever come close to The Clash anyway.

RIP Joe Strummer

may he rock in heaven...