Hey guys, I recently had some EMGs thrown into my Strat, just one tone and one volume, but lately as I have been trying to find some knobs for my guitar, I have noticed that the tone pot is slightly taller than my volume pot, so that if you put two of the same type of knob on both pots, the tone one is raised off of the pickguard while the volume one is not.

My question is, is this normal? I know that my tech put a nut on both sides of the pickguard, would that affect it, as they are normally only secured with one? Are the pots supposed to be different heights? Please help, thanks in advance.
Quote by JoeBender
Hey guys, I recently had some EMGs thrown into my Strat, just one tone and one volume, but lately as I have been trying to find some knobs for my guitar, I have noticed that the tone pot is slightly taller than my volume pot, so that if you put two of the same type of knob on both pots, the tone one is raised off of the pickguard while the volume one is not.

My question is, is this normal? I know that my tech put a nut on both sides of the pickguard, would that affect it, as they are normally only secured with one? Are the pots supposed to be different heights? Please help, thanks in advance.

Technically they could be hanging out of the guitar and it shouldn't matter (except you might pick up interference)

but aesthetically, it would drive me nuts if they were different heights... that just shows lack of quality and care imo.. though it doesn't matter.
Quote by JoeBender
My question is, is this normal? I know that my tech put a nut on both sides of the pickguard, would that affect it, as they are normally only secured with one?

set the one on the bottom side of the pickguard so its at the height you want it