hey im just wondering how you guys learn the solos in songs... cause rite now im having trouble figuring out the timing and rhythm of the solos when i look at tabs... right now i want to play stairway to heaven and purple haze solo but im stuck after the first few notes
you just have to keep practicing. you cant just play a solo just cuz you want to. what i do is play like a small part of the solo and keep practicing it. once i mastered it i move on to another part of it. oh and try and play along with the song or use guitarpro. i hope this helps
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Quote by minixmin
you just have to keep practicing. you cant just play a solo just cuz you want to. what i do is play like a small part of the solo and keep practicing it. once i mastered it i move on to another part of it. oh and try and play along with the song or use guitarpro. i hope this helps

+1

also, power tab, or guitar pro work wonders with the timing.
Quote by fretsonfire74
+1

also, power tab, or guitar pro work wonders with the timing.

Yeah the ability to slow down the tracks to whatever speed you like works wonders for phrasing.
on guitar pro: towards the topright you should see a crotchet (one of those music note symbols) and a number. Next to it you should see x0.50...... click on the x0.50 and it will half the speed of what is playing. You can change it to 1/4 speed etc too.

And break the solos into bits. On guitar pro try learning one/two bars at a time until you have them down. Don't try to play the same speed as the solo straight away.
Yeah pick up guitar pro You can find *cough*, I mean purchase it everywhere...
I found it way easier to actually see the tab before me and hear it and see what note is being played.