My band singer cant sing at all, but he's our singer, i dont know how he came 2 be the singer but he is!
He's a really good mate though and if i tell him we need a new singer he might get offended

what can i do?

thanks
Tell him to take lessons...

or better,

Make him take lessons....

or the singing thread in the Musicians Talk forum should help him out....

ad dont tell him he sucks, just say he can get much better if he takes some lessons n you all think he should take some lessons...
^ +1.

never tell the guy he sucks, it'll worsen the situation!
...And the worms ate into his brain.
Taking lessons might help the technique but it's most likely not going to really change the tone of his voice all that much, not to mention the fact that it will take a while for him to actually get any better.
Quote by take_it_t
Taking lessons might help the technique but it's most likely not going to really change the tone of his voice all that much, not to mention the fact that it will take a while for him to actually get any better.

Nope,

With the proper technique and training anyone can make their voice sound better. All the singer needs are some good lessons.
It'll take him a while to get better, but he will get better.

If he's dedicated and practices well enuf, he can get amazingly good in just 3 months...

So give the dude a chance, singers are hard to find and don't kick him out if he's getting along well with you guys, its better to keep him in the band.
At least he has the confidence to sing though, don't destroy this, it seems rare. Just help him out.
I totally agree with pigmaggots. It's very rare to find a person confident enough to sing especially when they're bad ( they usually know it ). Don't break his confidence by paying him out. Lessons are definetly the way to go.
Listen to what the others have said and remember to not kick him out unless you have someone better. It may not be the nicest thing you can do for your friend, but if you are taking your music seriously you have to do what is best for the band.
Quote by Arthur Curry
It's just The Man trying to bring down us negroes.

Quote by Yakult
Just go out in a silk dressing gown and ask them if they've ever been penetrated
Quote by ownedmatt
I totally agree with pigmaggots. It's very rare to find a person confident enough to sing especially when they're bad ( they usually know it ). Don't break his confidence by paying him out. Lessons are definetly the way to go.

Yeah definetly. Over-all being patient with him will help the band generally anyway, you'll take more time with your music and by the end of it, be more like brothers that stick through thick and thin.