I have a built in sound card on my motherboard and I was wondering, would it be possible to add a sound card to it.

Also, I have a 64 MB GeForce MX 440 graphics card and I want to upgrade it but I have no idea what to upgrade it to. I watch a lot of movies and play a lot of games too.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
ouch dude, I have an MX420 dude, and I'll tell you, you're better off upgrading to a PCI Express motherboard and then changing everything, or might as well buy a new computer because finding regular PCI parts is a bitch.
depends...do you have the proper port for a new graphics card?

as for sound cards...they normally fit in the standard port...
Try Creative or something unless you are looking to do any type of recording.

m-audio brand cards are better for recording.
Quote by Eric 666
ouch dude, I have an MX420 dude, and I'll tell you, you're better off upgrading to a PCI Express motherboard and then changing everything, or might as well buy a new computer because finding regular PCI parts is a bitch.

Hmm ... New PC me thinks..

Quote by moody07747
depends...do you have the proper port for a new graphics card?

as for sound cards...they normally fit in the standard port...
Try Creative or something unless you are looking to do any type of recording.

m-audio brand cards are better for recording.

Yes I do have a port for it.
Quote by denizenz
You need to turn the imbedded sound card off in your BIOS...running two at the same time is usually a

How do I do this....
Audigy 2 pros are relatively cheap now, and you can get external ones that run through USB.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
Quote by Guitardude19
How do I do this....

You need to boot into BIOS by hitting either Del, F2, or F12...depending on what kind of PC you've got. It should tell you during the start up process when you first power on your computer. Then you'll need to find the setting that controls the embedded devices and turn the sound card off.
I got the soundcard in the motherboard(not working i think) plus TWO other, one for the headphones and another for the 5.1 speakers
The main purpose of a TV is to have a place to point your furnatures to
Oh and my brothers computer has a built in soundcard and DXDIAG wont detect it .... so he has no sound. How do I go about finding out what drivers I need to run the sound.

The sound chip is a 64 voices stereo sound ...

(My dad bought him a cheap computer that was ME and I upgraded it to 2000 and now the sound has gone).
Quote by Guitardude19
Oh and my brothers computer has a built in soundcard and DXDIAG wont detect it .... so he has no sound. How do I go about finding out what drivers I need to run the sound.

The sound chip is a 64 voices stereo sound ...

(My dad bought him a cheap computer that was ME and I upgraded it to 2000 and now the sound has gone).

Get the make and model of the motherboard and download the drivers for it...