My friend has an Epiphone les paul special II through an EHX little big muff into a Marshall MG15dfx and when he not playing all you can hear is the radio coming from the amp. Can anyone tell me how to stop this or reduce it? (Without buying new gear... unless thats the only solution)

EDIT: Is it maybe because its an MG?... I hear they are crap...
Not just MG. I got that from my Peavey after I took it off the floor and stacked it to try and make some room. It's back on the floor now.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
lol i get this all the time...... just move the amp around the room till u dont hear it any more
i got it because of a cable i used into the amp, which hada metal cover around tha plug...changed that with one that have plastic cover and the radio dieappeared
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
The most likely culprit is your instrument cable - try a cheaper brand. Those high tech, expensive cables tend to be over-sensative and pick up EVERYTHING along with your guitar's A/C signal.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by Bazilisck311
The most likely culprit is your instrument cable - try a cheaper brand. Those high tech, expensive cables tend to be over-sensative and pick up EVERYTHING along with your guitar's A/C signal.

yep, the cable i used is a Warwick and its a expensive cable
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Quote by Ferrarone
yep, the cable i used is a Warwick and its a expensive cable

Mine was a $38 Monster Cable, gold tips, all the works. The damn cable was thicker than a flag pole. Kept picking up all kinds of radio signals. When I switched back to the cheap $1.99 cable that came with my Schecter, radio signals were gone.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
my amp started talkin once at like 3 in the morning, thought it was possesed till i realised it was the radio.