At the moment i currently own a Yamaha Pacifica 112 (the most basic one out) and i've wondered whether i should buy something better or just upgrade it. I only have about £250 to spend so i thought that upgrading it may make it better than a £250ish new guitar. I currently own a Roland cube 60 amp (which i got for christmas ) so i was wondering what you guys thought, by the way i WILL need to replace the pups cause the neck single coil is broken (it has literally broken, i've checked and the solder hasn't broken or anything so its definately the pickup) and i want to replace the bridge because i simply don't like it very much, i like to play rock, hard rock and metal but i also want to have a good clean tone. (for stuff like red hot chilli peppers etc.)

so what do you guys think?
Unless you just enjoy modding you probably should just get a new guitar. If you put more money into the Pacifica it won't be worth much more resale than it is now. So unless you really love something irreplacable about the Yamaha and plan to keep it forever don't throw your money away.
Quote by Rywad
At the moment i currently own a Yamaha Pacifica 112 (the most basic one out) and i've wondered whether i should buy something better or just upgrade it. I only have about £250 to spend so i thought that upgrading it may make it better than a £250ish new guitar. I currently own a Roland cube 60 amp (which i got for christmas ) so i was wondering what you guys thought, by the way i WILL need to replace the pups cause the neck single coil is broken (it has literally broken, i've checked and the solder hasn't broken or anything so its definately the pickup) and i want to replace the bridge because i simply don't like it very much, i like to play rock, hard rock and metal but i also want to have a good clean tone. (for stuff like red hot chilli peppers etc.)

so what do you guys think?

You're not really going to get much for £250, and the Pacificas are good guitars. I wouldn't say it'd be worth spending £250 on it, maybe upgrade it a bit (new pickups, etc. look at swineshead, cheap but very good! http://www.swinesheadpickups.co.uk ) so it'll last you a bit longer, and then save up some money for a nicer guitar. Your amp is fine for now
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I was also looking into buying a Epiphone les paul studio (in either cherry or white) for about £225 off www.guitarampkeyboard.com

but i just don't know what i should do because i like the pacifica and the feel to it and the only flaw i've found with the LP is that it weighs a quite a bit (call me a wimp if you like) but i do love the tone those things give out.
Dude, sell the pacfica and buy an Epiphone les paul standard. Much more rewarding.
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
Yeh, only mod the yam if you have spare money and are doing it just for practice (like me, on the exact same guitar)

If not I would sell it or save abit more money and buy a Epi LP standard (much better than the studio)