so as i was walking back from getting my lunch today, a couple of fighter jets (F-16's) from the local air national guard wing (181st ftw!) flew over. and they were hoofing it (not supersonic though). i gotta say, thats one of the greatest things one can experience. i live, work, and go to school within 5 miles of the airport, so i get to watch them taking off and landing every once in a while. but within the month (i think) we are going to lose them, which makes me quite sad.

i love it when i am sitting at the stoplight at the end of the road and they fly just over the treetops to come in to land. i have been quite obsessed with stuff like that since as long as i can remember. living in terre haute IN, ive visited the air force museum in dayton, OH a few times, but its been too long since ive been there. the last time i was there, i wasn't old enough to appreciate the history and stories of the aircraft and other memorabilia that they have there. plus they have new stuff since ive been there, like the F-22.

anyone else have an obsession like this, live near an air force base and love it? cuz i would love to live near a place like Edwards or Wright Patterson. That would be awesome.

if you wanna see what i mean about sitting at the stoplight, i can post a google map for you of said light so you can see the orientation of the runway. ill also be able to point out where i work on that map too prolly.
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
Where I live back in Somerset when I'm not at uni there are planes, hellicopters and harriers flying over all the time. They use it as training ground so it's pretty much normal for me... I've never thought it was that big a deal.
I live about 10 blocks from an Airforce Base. I probally have around 20-25 planes fly over my house daily. It's awsome
im a pilot lol
Quote by Gunpowder
Just remember, you can't spell "Ugly" without "UG"

Quote by tands

nasstyman you are full of win in the same way tobacco companies are full of ****
sweet, what do you fly?
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

right now i can fly cessna 172's but im starting school in sept. to get my commercial license and all that good stuff
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by tands

nasstyman you are full of win in the same way tobacco companies are full of ****
ever thought about flying something with a little more pizazz, aka supersonic capability

/air force recruiter

but seriously, that's awesome. id love to learn how to fly, if i had the money to do it. how much does like an old cessna or whatnot cost these days?
Quote by Dimebag22

yeah, thats me

cessna 172 you could probably buy for somewhere between 30,000-40,000 canadian. don't' quote me though. and yes, i was thinking about the air force. i was in air cadets for 6 years(thats how i got my license) and i was accepted for the air force and everything but i just didn't like the fact of probably dying in the war or something like that.... oh and signing my life away to the government for 20+ years lol
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by tands