you have to finger pick it if that is what you are asking

We're coming back, coming back
We'll live forever, live forever
Let's have wedding, have a wedding
Let's start the killing, start the killing

Umm, i'd use my thumb for the low E and first finger for the high e
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Well... Use your index finger on the Low E string, and use either your middle or ring finger to pick the High E string, then just slide your index finger down and your other finger up... It's pretty easy really... I think.
oh, yeah I know that, but what fingers to what frets is what I'm asking. So far I think that it's best to use my third and fourth fingers on the high E string and my first and second on the low E string... but even that is so uncomfortable it HAS to be wrong... I hope, at least.
Quote by zekk
Umm, i'd use my thumb for the low E and first finger for the high e

it's easier to use you thumb for the low E and your middle finger for the high e

if i understand you correctly, yes, you have to take your fingers off totally and move them.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
i just went and played that part and it's really easy you just have to figure out how you want to move your fingers on the fret board, cause you can move them a lot of different ways

Okay guys, thanks for your help. I figured it out. I was concentrating on having a certain finger for each fret, but it's easier to just slide down with the middle finger on the low E string and use the other fingers to pick the high E string.
I think it's much easier if you use your thumb on the low E
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Quote by Chips-
I think it's much easier if you use your thumb on the low E

But classical guitarists would throw a hissy fit if they saw anyone doing that.
Quote by confusius
I would indeed
Don't put your thumb on the E. It looks and sounds like ****.

+1.

Maybe works on some part of the song, but if you want to play more classical stuff, you´ll have to learn to play those bass notes without using the thumb. Anyway, in a classical guitar because of the wide nut, is almost impossible to use the thumb to fret.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Are you joking? That's one of the most simple things I've seen.

Just use the basic fingerpicking style. Thumb for bass notes, middle, ring, or index fr the E, and everything else. Have you even tried it?
......a m a right hand high e
......0 1 4 left hand high e

E|--0--2--|--3---
B|--------|-------
G|--------|-----
D|--------|-----
A|--------|---
E|--3--2--|--0--

......3 1 0 left hand low e
......p p p right hand low e

Right hand: play low e notes with p and high e notes with ama
Left hand: 3 on 3rd fret of low e while open on high e, then full bar in 2nd fret with first finger, then 4 on 3rd fret of high e
Last edited by cudemans at Aug 11, 2007,
Lol, i had the same problem with the start of that song for ages and used to use two finger's to play High and low E (middle and index). But whenever i saw someone play it on u tube or wherever it would look different and a lot easier and i couldn't get my head round what i was doing wrong, but it was simple u just bar low and high E with ur index finger
This is just too basic. Just modify a G chord as needed to play it. Plus, in tab, if notes are directly on top of one another, unless it's specified in the tab to do something else, those notes are to be played at the same time. If they slant off to the right as you read along, then the notes get plucked individually, one after the other.
It's all about making the girl feel comfortable and relaxed. I preferable use 2 fingers. Be gentle but remember...

o god... uhh nevermind