Page 1 of 2
So, any suggestions everybody? Just something I can carry around with killing myself(:
Quote by jman007_93
For SS get a Microcube or Vox DA5. But if you want something better maybe a 5w tube amp, but that might be too loud, depends on what you want.

what a retarded thing to say. battery powered tube amps dont exist.
Quote by TehJermie

They would also weigh a lot more.
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
They would also weigh a lot more.

and youd need like 20 9 volts to power the bloody thing for 5 minutes.
Quote by TehJermie
and youd need like 20 9 volts to power the bloody thing for 5 minutes.

lol, 5 minutes, just to get the tubes warmed up...get the microcube, or the Vox DA5, I personally like the cube better.
The Mesa Express 5:25 is a small, loud, versatile and portable tube amp with spring reverb. It has great cleans, crunch & blues sounds. The burn channel has enough gain to get you to 80s metal (Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, etc.).

It can switch between 5 watts in class A, or 25 watts in AB.

It ain't a recto or a Lone Star, but for its size and cost, it is a great little amp.
The Microcube is the cheapest with a good sound. If you don't want rechargable the 5 watt tube combos are certainly worth looking into.
Quote by TehJermie

where did he say he wanted something battery powered?
when i travel i usually stay someplace with outlets.

i think the micro cube is the best best here. just pointing out something retarded.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
where did he say he wanted something battery powered?
when i travel i usually stay someplace with outlets.

i think the micro cube is the best best here. just pointing out something retarded.

i didnt say he wanted something battery powered. just that battery powered amps were compared to tube amps. which is retarded. and tube doesnt usually fall under the "travel" range.
roll your eyes all u want young man. but they do make 5 watt tube combos, perfect for travel.

And you called a guy a retard for suggesting small tube amps. insinuating that the tube amp he suggested had to be battery powered.

it's all right there posted above.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

I don't know. I think I'd enjoy a Fender Champion in my hotel room more than a Microcube, but that's me.

Perhaps the threadstarter could revisit his thread and tell us ore about what he wants from this little on-the-go amp.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by jj1565
roll your eyes all u want young man. but they do make 5 watt tube combos, perfect for travel.

And you called a guy a retard for suggesting small tube amps. insinuating that the tube amp he suggested had to be battery powered.

it's all right there posted above.

young man? i could be 40 years old for all you know. and i really dont think a tube amp(or any amp that requires an outlet) is perfect for travel. how are you supposed to get power when youre in a car, outside, in a subway station, et?
and i didnt call him a retard, i said his statement was retarded.
how did i insinuate that the tube amp had to be battery powered when i said myself that battery powered tube amps themselves werent feasible(and dont even exist to begin with)
if you want to argue, do it with somebody else.
Last edited by TehJermie at Aug 10, 2007,
you know you were flaming him, and assuming he meant a small battery powered tube amp.

and now ur pretending that u were saying something else. yes, yes, his statement was retarded, not him.

and how do u know im not 60? (young man was in reference to ur maturity, not ur age anyway)

a travel amp and a battery powered amp are two different things.
it's nice to have a battery option on a travel amp. but suggesting an amp without a battery option, when it wasnt specified, is hardly retarded. *insert 5 smiley faces here*
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at Aug 10, 2007,
Quote by jj1565
you know you were flaming him. assuming he meant a small battery powered tube amp.

and now ur pretending that u were saying something else. yes, yes, his statement was retarded, not him.

and how do u know im not 60?

a travel amp and a bettery powered amp are two different things.
it's nice to have a battery option on a travel amp. but suggesting an amp without a battery option. when it wasnt specified, is hardly retarded. *insert 5 smiley faces here*

internet chivalry, nextttttt.
i didnt assume he meant a battery powered tube amp, as once again they dont exist to begin with. i thought it was retarded to mention a roland cube and a tube amp in the same capacity. much the way it would be to recommend something like an MG and a vintage marshall stack in the same sentence.

and i dont care about your age, because i didnt ask. and you tried to FLAME me "young man dont roll your eyes." so thats a pretty irrelevant remark.

i didnt know there were "bettery" powered amps either.
*insert pathetic poorly worded misspelled flame here*
Quote by slatsmania

Perhaps the threadstarter could revisit his thread and tell us ore about what he wants from this little on-the-go amp.

It would be very nice of him to do that. Because if we knew what kind of traveling he was wanting it for (just moving it for band practice, or moving it for gigs compared to back packing across Canada) we could answer his question much better.

So to answer the question before he responds. If you are traveling backpacking around, or like taking trains, or camping, or stuff like that, go with the cube. If you are just wanting a lighter amp for moving it to and from band practice and such, get a small tube amp (Crate V6, Valve Junior, Fender Champion).
tehjermie wil you just hush, you already lost the god damn battle, using spelling errors as an insult just portrays you as a child. as for playing in a car (for whatever reason you might want to) you can buy adapters that allow to plug any household device into your car via the cigarette lighter. (pointless me trying to prove you wrong there isn't it, yes? then stop doing it to jj, you just look like an infantile a**hole)
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
i would continue here. but you have resorted to typo chops, proving u have no idea what ur talking about.

by the way comparing a $125 micro cube to a $150 tube combo is a HUGE stretch. wow that's just like an mg and a vintage stack. good job. clap. clap.

and i said dont roll ur eyes, cause umm u rolled ur eyes. seemed pretty spot on to me.
i can see where "young man" might be a flame. after seeing ur reaction here, maybe ur a little girl or something.
good point, thanks for pointing that out.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

jman007_93 wasn't comparing the amps, he said if the topic creator wanted something BETTER a 5 watt tube amp might be a good choice. He also didn't say anywhere in his post that the 5 watt tube amp was battery powered. TehJermie, perhaps you should sharpen your reading comprehension skills before you insult someone.
Quote by jj1565
i would continue here. but you have resorted to typo chops, proving u have no idea what ur talking about.

by the way comparing a $125 micro cube to a $150 tube combo is a HUGE stretch. wow that's just like an mg and a vintage stack. good job. clap. clap.

and i said dont roll ur eyes, cause umm u rolled ur eyes. seemed pretty spot on to me.
i can see where "young man" might be a flame. after seeing ur reaction here, maybe ur a little girl or something.
good point, thanks for pointing that out.

resorting to personality attacks? why do you have your ego invested in this?
and i wasnt comparing price, i was comparing quality. wow, you really can see intentions through internet text.
little girl seeing how mad youve gotten, you might just be ragging.
Quote by TehJermie
Gibberish

This guy's always good for a laugh.

Both the microcube and the DA5 are good little amps.

You could get a smokey amp or something if you're on a budget.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by TehJermie
resorting to personality attacks? why do you have your ego invested in this?
and i wasnt comparing price, i was comparing quality. wow, you really can see intentions through internet text.
little girl seeing how mad youve gotten, you might just be ragging.

LOL

jenny > you

regardless of you you meant it when confronted, you made the assumption that by travel he meant batter powered because the first couple posts were micro cube. i'd be willing to bet jenny is much older than you, and has already show that she's much more mature.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
I know this wont contribute much, but just for the sake of proving a pioint +100 zillionbillion on the cube/DA5.

Anyway according the specs the fender champ 600 is smaller than the micro cube. Wouldn't make a bad porta amp. Probably not much in the realms of versatility but you have pedals for a reason. =)

TehJermie, pick your fights better. 101% of the board are going to side with Jenny so your pretty outnumbered, it wouldn't matter if she claimed the moon was made from cheese, she'd win anyway. (I haven't actually read the argument so I'm not insinuating anything on eithers behalf, I cba.) That's the brilliance of the Internet.
Last edited by beckyjc at Aug 10, 2007,
Quote by slatsmania
I don't know. I think I'd enjoy a Fender Champion in my hotel room more than a Microcube, but that's me.

i know what i'd enjoy more in my hotel room than either of those two, but that's beside the point.

and is it just me or did the threadstarter ask for an amp he could kill himself with?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
oh yeah, lay off jenny, she's infallible. or something like that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^yeah, saw that.

in that case peavey XXX 2x12 combo... lulz.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Zvex Nanos are pretty portable...
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by Dave_Mc
i know what i'd enjoy more in my hotel room than either of those two, but that's beside the point.

Yeah, well.... sometimes pentatonic masturbation is the next best thing.

Quote by Dave_Mc
and is it just me or did the threadstarter ask for an amp he could kill himself with?

I guess then a sharpened MG15 might be in order.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania

HA!!

A modded Valve Jr. combo would be fun in a hotel room. Whenever I travel, for some reason I can't stop playing twangy country licks...the VJ is tops for that on a budget.

There are other small tube combos (Bad Cat Mini Cat is amazing, but a little hard to find) that would also fit the bill.

As for battery powered, there are a lot of DIY options there that you can build for under $20.
Quote by Dave_Mc

, you cheeky bastard!

Laf, and infallible when right. :p
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Jenny loves taking her top off.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by slatsmania
Yeah, well.... sometimes pentatonic masturbation is the next best thing.

Quote by jj1565
, you cheeky bastard!

Laf, and infallible when right. :p

I'm not sure how to answer that first one without insulting you, lol.

you're normally right, too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by beckyjc

TehJermie, pick your fights better. 101% of the board are going to side with Jenny so your pretty outnumbered, it wouldn't matter if she claimed the moon was made from cheese, she'd win anyway. (I haven't actually read the argument so I'm not insinuating anything on eithers behalf, I cba.) That's the brilliance of the Internet.

im on this board to learn, not to make friends. i honestly couldnt care who sides with who. internet alliances are silly imo.
Quote by Stanovavich
So, any suggestions everybody? Just something I can carry around with killing myself(:

Vox DA5 or Roland Microcube. But if you DO want to kill yourself.... Marshall MG100, Volume on 10!
Quote by TehJermie
im on this board to learn, not to make friends. i honestly couldnt care who sides with who. internet alliances are silly imo.

In all fairness, you're not going to learn by picking fights, mate
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by TehJermie

Then read the posts you attack. Jmann never said anything about 5w battery powered tube amps. You'd learn better if you could make friends.

TS, do you have a laptop or anything? because if you do, maybe the best course of action would be something like a toneport or similar. I use one when I'm away from my gear, and it's plenty of fun.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by TehJermie

Learning doesn't usually involve arguing at people untill they agree.
Just listen to peoples points instead of being coky about it.
Page 1 of 2