Page 1 of 2
my school started a guitar class last year, and bought 30 classical acoustics. Granted, they're crap, but they're decent. Anyways, I just wondering if any of your schools had a guitar class like mine does.

feel free to tell stories :]
We don't have one, but I'm thinking of starting a guitar club since my science teacher plays...
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
^ you and your sience teacher, eh?
...And the worms ate into his brain.
i think the middle school out here started one the year i started high school. stuff like that always happens to me
Moser Custom Shop 5-string Scimitar
Moser Arachnid
Fender Jazz MIM
Digitech Bass Driver
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Genz Benz GBE750
Genz Benz GB410T-XB2
The middle school music class I think teacher guitar one year but that's the only guitar class I know of.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
^^ i know exactly what you mean! they remodel all the schools after i leave them.

EDIT: to confused
I had one, it sucked. Everyone was playing Twinkle Twinkle and joined the class to play their favorite Avril songs.
Dickless.
My high school has one. Im gonna be in it this year. The teacher is pretty cool and your grade is on preformance and assignments. Youre final is a bio on any guitar player
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
I was in it at my school. It was great because I learned to play classical guitar properly and some great classical pieces. I was in the intermediate course with my friend so we got to play some neat stuff. Yeah, the guitars are crap, but it's still fun to have a class to play guitar in.
Got METAL?

Quote by metacarpi
However, if we're being all grown up about this (in the pit?) walkingonspikes is dead on
^sounds cool. we never had a class like that, wish we did... we had lessons in jazz band for guitar and bass... and we also had a battle of the bands club which was cool too. but i would of enjoyed an actuall class
www.myspace.com/chrishausman

If you would like to add me, send me a message to let me know your from UG!

Tool - July 16
Incubus - Aug 6

^INCREDIBLE^
****ing vocational schools...we barely have a single artistic class, let alone a music one, let alone a guitar class. Ugh...
Quote by Here_is_no_why
Other than that, they do no harm. Unless you play a seriously crappy game, you know, like Glover. He was a ****ing glove. Seriously.
Yeah we have guitar, jazz, concert, vocals. our guitar teacher, whos also the jazz band director as well as concert, is def one of the best guitarists around, plays everything from classical to classic rock. yeah we have the program, i cudnt take it because of physics, but i still took jazz and concert, and he knows im a guitar player so when ever his class has concerts and stuff i get to play with the class. its pretty fun
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Yeah and I phailed music class because I can't read notes. I do plan on learning though.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
My school loves arts, so we have a guitar class with mixers and electric guitars, granted they're not fenders, but they're not ****....Only thing I can stand about my school.
Mine does. I would have taken one guitar class every semester if I could, but there were only two levels and my mom didn't see the point of me repeating Guitar 2 a bunch of times. =/
Quote by mustardman
my school started a guitar class last year, and bought 30 classical acoustics. Granted, they're crap, but they're decent. Anyways, I just wondering if any of your schools had a guitar class like mine does.

Quite the conflicting statement, Chief
<Han> I love Hitler
My school has one but I wasn;t in it. I might do it this year. I went down to the music room once just to mess around during study hall and it was during guitar class. Everyone was just holding guitars and talking to each other and the teacher was working on the computer. Its a pretty big blowoff class so I hope I get in it. I probably won't though because pretty mucheveryone takes that class and my names at the end of the alphabet.

Id rather take piano class anyway.
Two years ago we had a guitar class (called "Guitar and Keyboarding"), but last year they got rid of it and began 2 new courses - Beginning and Advanced Musical Theory. We also have a History of Rock Music class.

The music teacher was a midget. Literally. But, he left, so I wanna know who the new teacher is.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
Quote by mustardman

What does that mean?

I heard most schools that give guitar classes only allow begginers in. A lot of people in my highschool just brought guitars to free periods and played them then.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
We do have a guitar class in school, but everyone just blows off the teacher and starts either playing some powerchord progression from some song or starts talking like a stupid ass. Pisses me off!
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Mine was pretty cool. For our final exam, I played Tubular Bells (The Exorcist Theme).
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
we've got one, students teach students, and you have to buy your own own guitar
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

what I meant to say was that they are playable. yeah our class was cool, we learned how to read music and some basic theory. but the best part is that I get to be TA for this upcoming year :] woot
no, but sometimes in music class we play. the teacher is the director of jazz band, and im the guitarist for the jazz band. whenever we learn something, he asks me to demonstrate it. (usually its like an E chord or something though)
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

Last edited by boboguitar at Aug 10, 2007,
Quote by mustardman
Granted, they're crap, but they're decent.

sigged
Quote by mustardman
Granted, they're crap, but they're decent.
My middle school had one. Didnt miss a single note the hole time. But then again, its hard not to considering the course is made for people that have only even seen a guitar in pictures.

And yea, played some songs I knew during class, and people were like OMMMMGGGZzzzzzzzz!!!!!!1111!!!!11eleven. You can play Back in Black!?!?!??!?!?!!!!!!eleven.
My high school has one.The teacher had just started playing guitar.I knew more theory than he did.We had test every week .he taught how to read music which I already knew how to though.There was the final which I had to do a guitarist 's bio.I did mine on jimi hendrix.You get to play one of his songs .There were also the typical metalheads who liked only black metal or some **** .I got pissed when they said Stevie ray Vaughn sucked.I was ready to punch one.They my turn came up to the my presentation on jimi hendrix.
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Emg Pick-ups
Marshall MG50DFX
Digitech Death Metal

I am the Eggman
yeah my class had a bunch of faggy hot topic kids in it :[

OMGGGG SLAYER!! PANTERA!!11!11111!
We never had a specified "guitar class" but we had a beginning band that was allowed guitar. I joined it and the teacher told me that he had to teach classic and note reading. Really simple stuff.

There were like three other guitarists there. This was at the end of the Green Day fase so they were like "ZOMG AMERICAN IDIOT!!!." My teacher would try and teach them things and they'd act like "I'd never have to use that!" or "But it's going UPWARDS on the neck so why do you say go down?" And they'd always be SO damn arrogant about it. Note: The best one could nearly play "Time of Your Life."
The person below me is probably a homosexual.
Quote by poipoi
we've got one, students teach students, and you have to buy your own own guitar

That never works.I had a bad experience with that.I got in to band it was like that students showing off their skills instead.I quit and went to orchestra which is way better.I play cello.
Gear
Marshall MG50DFX
Digitech Death Metal

I am the Eggman
My school has a guitar class, I took it in Grades 10 and 11. We got to choose between steel string acoustics and classical acoustics, which was pretty cool. The class was easy as hell though, just basic stuff for beginners. Most of the class consisted of us going off into our sound proof practice rooms and showing off to each other.
This is off topic but the guitar club which I'm in are planning a trip to the fender factory in corona,california which is like 30 mins away .
Gear
Marshall MG50DFX
Digitech Death Metal

I am the Eggman
Quote by mustardman

So these are magical guitars you speak of.

Quote by Dudewithanaxe
My high school has one.The teacher had just started playing guitar.I knew more theory than he did.We had test every week .he taught how to read music which I already knew how to though.There was the final which I had to do a guitarist 's bio.I did mine on jimi hendrix.You get to play one of his songs .There were also the typical metalheads who liked only black metal or some **** .I got pissed when they said Stevie ray Vaughn sucked.I was ready to punch one.They my turn came up to the my presentation on jimi hendrix.

Actually, they are just posers . Real metalheads appreciate good guitarists, their music, and of course they know that their kind of music have a huge influence from the blues.

My favorite genre is heavy metal, and one of my favorite guitarists is Gary Moore.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Aug 10, 2007,
this is what starts piece of crap bands like the ones that put up worthless time-wasting songs on myspace. nonetheless, that's cool.
AIM - JanesAdd1cti0n

The Rain And Snow

We've been reduced to ruin in this noncalibrated earth that has stumbled upon us.
in my school (most highschools in my state) you need to go to school every saturday from 2nd to 4th semester for an "art" class, you can choose betweem Dance, acting, music(which is just a crappy guitar class) and literature

i'm in music, and the firt day, i think i tuned like 15 guitars, there's 2 other guys who can play more than nothing, one is my friend mike, the first time i saw him playing at class he was playing the intro of one by metallica in front of a few people and everyone was like "omg, you're so amazing" then i got close and i started to play the solo from the intro so everyone looked at me with the same "omg you're so amazing look" then the dude told me,
"hey, you're a good player, but i bet you can't play the other solo" so, i started to tap that damn solo in an acoustic, then the guy looks at me and says "damn, i need to practice"

the other dude is better (not better than me though :p) but i've never talked to him, i'll try to do it when i get back to school

and everyone in the class can barely play 3 or 4 chords (that's the only thing that the teacher taught us in the whole semester)
I wish...but I'm kinda glad there isn't one because it would just be full of metal-heads & emos
I'm a guy who plays guitar
Quote by xstraightedgex
i can officialy say basschica you are the person i most respect on these entire forums

Quote by sargasm
There should be a country band who does Smashing Pumpkins covers called the Smashing Bumpkins.

Profile: Add me
No classes. There's a Music Theory class, however. I'm taking that this year.

However, there is an after school group/club called Academy of Rock. It groups you with other musicians and has you play together. I missed it last year, but I'm doing it this year. For sho.
Spiral Out
Page 1 of 2