I think i have gay feelings for Jonh Mayer.

Jk.
But in all honesty, who actually thought that john had potential for a blues guitarist by listening to pre-try! albums?
MIM HSS strat
Boss Dd6
Buddah Wah
Diamond Memory Lane
Mesa Dual rect.

To Get:
Mesa lonestar [prolly trade my DR for it]
Xotic BB preamp
ISP decimator.
Stephen Designs '59 pups [waiting for them to come]
A new bridge pup.
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/your-band-sucks/jack-johnson-john.php

"However, the popularity of John Mayer is even more bewildering. The man is such an unmitigated pussy that he makes his mentor, the insufferable Dave Matthews, look like Lemmy from Motorhead. The fact that anyone could seriously sing a song called "Your Body is a Wonderland" in front of actual human beings without getting laughed off the stage is vein-poppingly infuriating."
Quote by Here_is_no_why
Other than that, they do no harm. Unless you play a seriously crappy game, you know, like Glover. He was a ****ing glove. Seriously.
You're jealous because hes better than you.
Quote by Alterationsgtrs
While watching Scooby Doo

Velma- Jinkies, I lost my glasses
Me- Oh they're right here (while furiously masturbating)

Quote by FreewayJam
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/your-band-sucks/jack-johnson-john.php

"However, the popularity of John Mayer is even more bewildering. The man is such an unmitigated pussy that he makes his mentor, the insufferable Dave Matthews, look like Lemmy from Motorhead. The fact that anyone could seriously sing a song called "Your Body is a Wonderland" in front of actual human beings without getting laughed off the stage is vein-poppingly infuriating."

lol, dave matthews look like lemmy.

seriously though,
it is mind boggling how ****ty all his music is,
except for continuum, which is simply incredible.
CTHC
hes a really good guitarist
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
I still think hes a sick guitar player. has some cool solos and riffs like neon? thats s sick riff.
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Another Kind of Green? C'mon you can't hate on that. John is a great musician although he does have a lot of really gay pop-**** and is a complete douche as a person. My uncle recorded with him in the studio and brought my cousin and his girlfriend to the session. The whole time Mayer was hitting on my cousin's 17 year old girlfriend shamelessly saying **** like "you're so hot."
Since when does John Mayer look up to Dave Matthews, the last time I talked with John, he looked up to Hendrix, SRV, and Clapton.
Gear:
2007 American Stratocaster (Baby Blue Nitro)
2005 John Mayer Stratocaster (Sunburst)
2003 Godin Flat Five (Flamed Maple)
1967 American Stratocaster (Black Nitro)
1960 American Stratocaster (Olympic White Nitro)
He just sounds like Dave Matthews: I don't know if he likes them or not.

And there is a John Mayer thread.
The.
rly?

and covered in rain is a great song.
MIM HSS strat
Boss Dd6
Buddah Wah
Diamond Memory Lane
Mesa Dual rect.

To Get:
Xotic BB preamp
ISP decimator.
A new bridge pup.
Maybe his music is too sappy but anyone who says he isn't a good artist obviously hasn't listened to his Try album. Pure genius!
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
yea, wait until tomorrow beat the **** outta jimi's version IMO.
MIM HSS strat
Boss Dd6
Buddah Wah
Diamond Memory Lane
Mesa Dual rect.

To Get:
Xotic BB preamp
ISP decimator.
A new bridge pup.
I just listened to his bluesy stuff earlier this evening and, honestly, I think it's pretty good. My pop saw him in concert a few weeks ago and he played the typical hits, to which the audience went nuts, but afterwards he said something along the lines of "Enough with the pop stuff, here's what I want to play", and he whips out this blues that I would have never expected from John Mayer. I think it's pretty good. At least, it sounds good to my ears.
i cant stand the pop stuff, honestly. the only time i'd ever listen to it is the day I dance naked throwing flowers and skipping rope in public. the funk or blues stuff, on the other hand, is great. cissy strut =
Quote by BigBassFishing
Another Kind of Green? C'mon you can't hate on that. John is a great musician although he does have a lot of really gay pop-**** and is a complete douche as a person. My uncle recorded with him in the studio and brought my cousin and his girlfriend to the session. The whole time Mayer was hitting on my cousin's 17 year old girlfriend shamelessly saying **** like "you're so hot."

To me, John Mayer's the definition of a poser, no matter how good a guitarist he is
Quote by mtrilus
Since when does John Mayer look up to Dave Matthews, the last time I talked with John, he looked up to Hendrix, SRV, and Clapton.

I wouldn't be surpirsed if he just changed it to look "cool" once his career started to fade
Does anyone remember when he was on those Volkswagon commercials where you'd get a free First Act guitar when you bought the car?

I thought whatever he was playing there was pretty damn cool

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jLSUSqH55Q that
Quote by lateraluspiral
She sucked your dick after you put it in her ass..?
Thats love.

Date idea?
Quote by Kensai
Sneak into mordor
Quote by Gigatiran
At least you're thinking out of the box.

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club.

Save the world?
whoever says john mayer was horrible at any point in his career are dumbasses.

His first album was awesome, every song on it was catchy and if you look at songs like Neon and Why Georgia, they are no easy songs to play and then play those riffs while singing. It's not like he released Room for Squares and then a couple of years later, he starts to get good at writing music and playing guitar on Try? cmon, he was always good, and always wrote good songs during his career.
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
whoever says john mayer was horrible at any point in his career are dumbasses.

His first album was awesome, every song on it was catchy

Catchy =/= Good
Quote by Retro Rocker
Catchy =/= Good

so you only like technically challenging songs? no catchy ones?

lie
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
so you only like technically challenging songs? no catchy ones?

lie

No, I'm saying that catchy songs aren't always good songs.
Fucking 'Hey Mickey' by Toni Basil is a catchy song, but is it good?
You tell me...

At this camp I was at, our we made a spoof of 'Your Body Is A Wonderland' and called it 'My Body Is A Petri Dish'
Funniest goddamn lyrics I've ever heard.
I'm a guy who plays guitar
Quote by xstraightedgex
i can officialy say basschica you are the person i most respect on these entire forums

Quote by sargasm
There should be a country band who does Smashing Pumpkins covers called the Smashing Bumpkins.

Profile: Add me
Quote by Basschica19

At this camp I was at, our we made a spoof of 'Your Body Is A Wonderland' and called it 'My Body Is A Petri Dish'
Funniest goddamn lyrics I've ever heard.

was it some sort of honors biology camp?
MIM HSS strat
Boss Dd6
Buddah Wah
Diamond Memory Lane
Mesa Dual rect.

To Get:
Xotic BB preamp
ISP decimator.
A new bridge pup.
Xd