i here jamming out to pink floyds money and then i look at the tab and it goes from 19 to a 22 fret bend. no problem for the 19 but when i reach to bend the 22nd fret on my mexican strat it makes no sound at all! help...PLEASE!!
um
A. your finger it too big and is muting sounds at the 22nd fret
B. i have no clue
C. Stop reading this, lol jk sorry i cant help ya. cant be your action since its the last fret.
Check if the string is touching your pickups while you're bending at the 22nd fret. If not, you're doing something wrong.
I'm a communist. Really.
Make sure that when you bend, you keep only the tip of your finger on the string. Many people have a tendency to, when bending upwards, shifting from the tip to the pad of the finger, which will mute the note.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by Dance_of_Death
i think the solo is played on a 22 fret strat so it could be the fact that you only have 21 frets?

the only other advice i can give you is GET AN IBANEZ!

jk use w/e guitar you want

random trivia: the solo to Money was done a custom designed Bill Lewis guitar with 24 frets (a pretty sweet guitar for something built in the 60s). I'm pretty sure he used his regular strat when playing it live

how many frets it has doesn't really matter when you're bending a note, you can bend notes past the range of your fretboard
Quote by LaGrange

cant be your action since its the last fret.

In the words of Doctor Cox,

Wrong wrong wrong wrong!

Wrong wrong wrong wrong!

Yerrong!

Yerrong!

Yerrrrrrrrong!

Yes, it could be. The action was so low on my RG that the neck pickup muted the high e above fret 20. Check if anything is touching the string, and press the string in properly, and all that.
Quote by ShizNick
Ok I think we're all good now. We're on the same page, and I'm back to trying to get with his sister.

^That's how you do it, kids!
Member #3 of the Iron Maiden Are Gods club. PM Revelations to join!

I write, apparently!
When you bend the note the string is probably hitting the upper frets. You could try raising the action but the upper frets may need to be filed.
when i bend the string its not touching any of the pickups so thats not it. but whenever i try just to bend the string on the 21st fret it just ends up sounding like comfortably numb =/
out of curiosity, if ur jamming with ur friends, why r u playing the Gilmour solo?

for the thread, my friend's SG does that. he can't bend a full step on his high E, which sucks.
u can adjust your action, but the truss rod might be a hard one to work, since it's right on the bolt.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by seljer
random trivia: the solo to Money was done a custom designed Bill Lewis guitar with 24 frets (a pretty sweet guitar for something built in the 60s). I'm pretty sure he used his regular strat when playing it live

how many frets it has doesn't really matter when you're bending a note, you can bend notes past the range of your fretboard

Here's something coming from a giant Pink Floyd nut.

Whenever David Gilmour plays the solo live on his Stratocaster (with only 21 frets), he does not do the hih, squealy notes ashe would in the recording. I've heard there recording live from Wembley Stadium. He plays it differently.

I've attempted playing the Money solo, and I cannot bend that high.

You see, the tabs call for you to not only hit the 22nd fret, but to also bend the 22nd fret, something you cannot achieve from bending the 21st fret.

I've tried learning this solo in it's entirety, but I cannot play it, because I have a MIM Fender Strat with only 21 frets. I'm actually going to buy a 22 fret Fender replacement neck just for this song.
Quote by Jim Morrison
Indians scattered on Dawn's highway bleeding, Ghosts crown the young child's fragile eggshell mind
Quote by fenderbender489
thanks man..i think i have the same kind of strat you have...is it hard to find a 22 fret neck?

Not Really.

Because Fender necks are bolt on style necks, they are easy to replace, and a lot of necks for dfferent guitars will fit in the neck joint (i.e, Jackson necks, Kramer necks, etc).

Go to Wildberry Castle. These necks are licensed by Fender and will fit into your Stratocaster. I'm planning on getting the CBS-Style neck, which comes with 22 frets. I wanted to get the Jackson neck, but that's routed for a Floyd Rose locking nut, and I don't really need one, so I won't waste my time.
Quote by Jim Morrison
Indians scattered on Dawn's highway bleeding, Ghosts crown the young child's fragile eggshell mind
Quote by fly135
I'm glad I got a 22 fret G&L S-500.

This comment totally helped this thread.

Way to go.
Quote by Jim Morrison
Quote by cpljwlusmc
Here's something coming from a giant Pink Floyd nut.

Whenever David Gilmour plays the solo live on his Stratocaster (with only 21 frets), he does not do the hih, squealy notes ashe would in the recording. I've heard there recording live from Wembley Stadium. He plays it differently.

I've attempted playing the Money solo, and I cannot bend that high.

You see, the tabs call for you to not only hit the 22nd fret, but to also bend the 22nd fret, something you cannot achieve from bending the 21st fret.

I've tried learning this solo in it's entirety, but I cannot play it, because I have a MIM Fender Strat with only 21 frets. I'm actually going to buy a 22 fret Fender replacement neck just for this song.
I have fairly high action on my strat so i can i can hit the 22nd fret bend from the 21st fret. I did the same thing in one of the solos in hotel california by bending up 1 1/2 steps. But yeah i still want a 22 fret fretboard cause there are some parts that are really hard to play with 21 frets. That link to Wildberry Castle looks pretty good.
CGDAEG
Quote by ECistheBest
out of curiosity, if ur jamming with ur friends, why r u playing the Gilmour solo?

He never said he was with his friends. You can jam by yourself.
Quote by Jim Morrison
^lol ur right. sorry bout my misinterpretation.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
lol, I kind of feel like a dick correcting people.
Quote by Jim Morrison
This is the neck I really want to get for my guitar:

Quote by Jim Morrison