First Off: I would buy a new amp, I'm just on a crazy tight budget due to post-secondary education in the fall.

I'm just looking for a higher boost to my lead solos while playing with a band. I just can't get that good lead tone with just the amp alone. I need something that could cut through nice and turn it off when I'm done the solo.

I know it would sound bad, but is there anything that could do what I want, while still sufficient to differentiate the solo from the whole band?

Thanks in advance.
Larrivée D-03R
US Fender Telecaster, Vox AC15
i'm pretty sure if you have a good amp and a good guitar, all you need is a boost pedal or a gain pedal (i think what you are looking foor, the pedal do excacly what they sound like they do, the boost will boost your signal and the gain pedal will increase the gain on the signal coming from your guitar (kinda like the pre-amp in an active pickup) so it pickups more of your playing (also more mistakes too)
Last edited by Dance_of_Death at Aug 10, 2007,
Quote by Dance_of_Death
i'm pretty sure if you have a good amp and a good guitar, all you need is a boost pedal or a gain pedal (i think what you are looking foor, the pedal do excacly what they sound like they do, the boost will boost your signal and the gain pedal will increase the gain on the signal coming from your guitar (kinda like the pre-amp in an active pickup) so it pickups more of your playing (also more mistakes too)

actually I have a DiMarzio Evolution 7 in the bridge of my guitar..

but yeah, can you suggest what kind of boost pedal may be good?

right now im just regretting that I should have waited before I got my cube 60, and got smarter, and should have gotten the randall g3

I'm still open to ideas on which boost pedal I should get
Larrivée D-03R
US Fender Telecaster, Vox AC15
I have a Microcube and i use the Digitech Bad Monkey to boost my lead. Doesn't affect tone at all and have a good relation price/quality IMO.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS