PSYOPUS CURRENTLY AUDITIONING FOR BASS PLAYER!!!

Psyopus is currently auditioning bass players. The criteria we are looking for are as follows.

- Preferably live in the northern eastern coast.
- Able and willing to tour roughly 9 months out of the year.
- A general knowledge of music theory.
- Minimal financial responsibilities (living with ‘rents is a plus.)
- At least five strings on your bass and relatively professional gear.
- A high energy stage presence.
- A willingness to be away from home for a lengthy duration of time to work on new material in the Rocheser, NY, Buffalo, NY and Richmond, VA areas.
- A willingness to be in upstate New York days before tour for rehearsal purposes.
- A hard working, disciplined playing ethic.
- A descent tapping technique will be needed.

If you would like to audition for the band, here’s how:

a) e-mail us at psyopusbassplayer@hotmail.com
b) send us some video footage of you at your best via
- a www.youtube.com link or similar
- a VHS, DVD, or miniDVD copy of your playing to

Christopher Arp
PO Box 354
Penfield, NY 14526

c) send us your name, age, what city you live in and contact phone number
d) send us any other facts you think we should consider (bands you’ve been in, touring done, experience you’ve had, etc.)

Taken from myspace bulletin. Thought that hardcore bassists on UG would be interested.
Sent in a tape but regretting is as if they pick me I really don't want to be touring 9 months of the year but I said why not.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Quote by SilentSpectacle
Sent in a tape but regretting is as if they pick me I really don't want to be touring 9 months of the year but I said why not.

You (and anyone else that responds) should post a link to your tryout here. I'd like to see what someone who is trying out for Psyopus can do. Besides it'll give you all a better idea of the competition.
Primate Primus should really get on this.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
Primate Primus should really get on this.

Definetely. He could probably do it.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Quote by SilentSpectacle

Link?
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
Quote by King ofKumbucha
^^Should I post this in the bass forum or is this the right place?

You're in the right place and I think it's great that you posted this. If I see anything like this I'm going to post it here too. You never know when terror is going to need a new bass player or something and I want one of you fools to get that position (as for myself I've already had to pass on a high-profile band because of college).
yay for futur famous ug'ers?

anyone wanna pm me if there are any hardcore bands in need of drummers at any time please?
LEAFS FOR CUP
Quote by csn00b
yay for futur famous ug'ers?

anyone wanna pm me if there are any hardcore bands in need of drummers at any time please?

I heard The Rev from A7X lost both his legs in a terrible hang gliding accident. No more double bass pedal.
Quote by jefflucas
I heard The Rev from A7X lost both his legs in a terrible hang gliding accident. No more double bass pedal.

Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
Quote by xKurtx
You're in the right place and I think it's great that you posted this. If I see anything like this I'm going to post it here too. You never know when terror is going to need a new bass player or something and I want one of you fools to get that position (as for myself I've already had to pass on a high-profile band because of college).

What band is this then?
Quote by xKurtx
You'll never know! (It's not polite to mention names).

Well I came close to trying out for From The Carnival of Horrors just before they split up. Because I told you that, you can tell em which band it was haha. Im intrigued.
Haha I would sell out to Trivium...I've never heard a song all the way through, but I would put college on hold, learn all their songs and lame my way to the bank.

Sorry man, but I really can't mention names. It's no one huge or anything, but they are on a well known indie. And this is a good lesson for everyone who wants to play with larger bands...don't kiss and tell. Now it's one thing if it's an open audition like the one above, but most of the gigs you're likely to get aren't going to happen like that, it's more intimate and personal. And if you don't get it or have to turn it down don't mention names...it's not good business. Only a few of my IRL friends know about my situation and that was really just my bandmates I was going to have to leave behind and a friend who was helping me out.

If the touring life is what you want, it's within reach. Even just starting your own project from the ground up can become a full time touring band in less than a year if you work your ass off. It's not easy and isn't for everyone (it isn't even for me right now), but if the time is right for you to do it...than good luck and go for it.
Touring just kind of sucks in my opinion. If I was making enough money to live and to cut off all the ties I have right now, i'd totally go for it. But in past experiences (3 west coast tours, the most being 20 shows) it's way too hard to manage with a job/school.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.