So my dad knows this guy that does chroming for seymour duncan pickups. He said he could get me some pickups for cheap if not free. i went on the site and decided on these pickups:

Jazz
Twangbanger SC
Duncan Distortion
JB
Livewire classic SC

Has anyone heard anything bad about these pickups? I know everyone on here hates these but i'm getting a good deal and dont want to spend alot of money on other ones.
with the single coils, I want a jazzy/pink floyd sound

with the duncan dist and the JB, i want a shred/ classic metal sound
do you want to help me out and give me pick-ups perhaps?
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07
I look at boobs and bums and stuff I get really horny and stuff.

PARTY OF SPECIAL THINGS TO DO
can u get me a set (neck/bridge) of Alnico II Pros and a set of Pearly Gates?

imo, i don't like any of those pickups...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
for which guitar?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the dist, livewire, and twang banger will be going into a basswood yamaha strat copy. the jb and jazz will be going into an epiphone G400
throw out all ur interest in the pickups u had in the first post.

SG:
Alnico II Pro - good pickup, but dunno for you. slash pickup. round, bassy, but edgy.
'59 model - vintage kind of sound. think AC/DC. punchy mids, twangy, warm bass.
Pearly Gates - bit more grittier. think ZZ Top. gritty gritty.
Custom Custom - higher output. it can help you get medal/modern sounds.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^ i agree.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i guess rock tones, nothing too distorted. These are going to be backup guitars anyway.
i play a digitech rp200a through peavey PA system, so yeah its gonna suck anyway, but im saving for a V3. this guitar is most likely going to be a rhythm guitar for jams/ if a friend comes over to play guitar. i guess im looking for a slash-type tone, but idk
but, like I said in my first post, I'm going to be getting the pickups for really cheap if not free so i wont be spending alot. the SG doesnt have pickups to begin with because it was given to me like that, so I'm going to be getting the pickups anyway, just to get it to work.
I like the jazz ones
I'm going to get a jagmaster and put a seymour jazz into the neck
I don't even shred
yeah, i love the SD jazz, it can nail slash's tone, you don't HAVE to have the alnico II for it, and for the bridge i'd get the custom , or the JB
yeah, i was thinking about getting the jazz for the neck because the neck is gonna be for cleans mainly
arright, so '59 and custom custom? oh man I've gone through so many pickups. thanks alot you guys.