I just purchased this amp used from Guitar Center for 400 bucks. Anyway i love how it sounds... at lower volumes. When i crank it to jam with my band, i get horrible feed back and im not even near the amp. Also it gets really distorted (in a bad way) when you turn it up and the tone gets a little out of wack. Anyway, am i just being to picky? or should i take it back and get a new one?
might be a bad version of the amp. what do you mean by crank ( what im asking is how high is hte master volume and chan volume)
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Quote by lanzaa
might be a bad version of the amp. what do you mean by crank ( what im asking is how high is hte master volume and chan volume)

i put chan volume almost all the way up and master volume half way.
well ive never had my amp that high so idk altho im sure thats not supposed to happen. might be the amp itself
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
I don't know man, It could be the guitar's wiring and what not, maybe even the cords. Does it do that with any other guitar? does it do the same if you turn down gain, one of the EQ knobs or anything? Maybe too much reverb?
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
how close to your amp are you standing, if your right next to it, that tends to happen
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
you are picking up tube microphonics, retube it with whatever you want(check the all about tubes sticky) and your problem should be solved.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.