Ok...I'm planning on buying a new guitar. Now the only music i play is mainly instrumental metal and acoustic. I don't want an acoustic though, I want a guitar that is nice on cleans but can still crank out pick squeels and can handle metal. But I really need it to sound as close as possible to an acoustic guitar. thanks for the help.
john petrucci signature music man?
its got a piezo pup and we all know it can also do metal
bloody pricey though
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
1. Try an electric with metal pickups AND a piezo system. (Slash signature, several Carvin guitars)

2. Fender VG stratocaster.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
schecter ae
http://www.zzounds.com/item--SCEC1EA

comes to mind. but a bunch of this depends on the amp(s) you plan on using.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i'd say go semi-hollowbody... but i'm not sure if you're gonna get quite what you want with it
Buy any guitar with a tune-o-matic style bridge and drop this into it.

Buy any guitar that will fit Fender saddles on it and drop this into it.

The choice if yours, and there are more options for piezo pickups. I would say it would be harder to meet your metal demands than it would be your acoustic needs. You don't need a hollowbody to get acoustic tones (see the Petrucci model). I would recommend a different amplification method though...a good DI box into the PA is a good option, but you will need to have two outputs on your guitar.

All of this is easily done with basic modifications to a standard production instrument. As long as you don't get some V shaped brick with no room in the cavity for a piezo preamp, you'll be fine.

EDIT: DO NOT GET AN ACOUSTIC SIMULATOR!!!!! I cannot stress this enough...this will give you nothing but a horrible, completely un-usable tone and the money spent on this pedal would be better spent towards a piezo pickup system for whatever guitar you choose.
Michael Kelly Hybrid Special?

Might need new pickups for metal though; I haven't tried playing it through a high gain amp.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by Fryer Mike
Get a double necker. Top- Acoustic
Bottom- Electric

hahahahahahahahaha

that is an amazing suggestion.
Quote by di4gram
hahahahahahahahaha

that is an amazing suggestion.

Slash had some, I think the were made by Guild, no idea if they were available to the public
Ibanez have also done one for Steve Vai (but as a custom thing)
Quote by Chad Brown
Ok...I'm planning on buying a new guitar. Now the only music i play is mainly instrumental metal and acoustic. I don't want an acoustic though, I want a guitar that is nice on cleans but can still crank out pick squeels and can handle metal. But I really need it to sound as close as possible to an acoustic guitar. thanks for the help.

I would get an Ibanez with a basswood body a V7 in pickup in the neck and a V8 in the bridge. Then swap the magnets in the neck and bridge pickups. This will give you an acoustic like tone from the neck and a 16K ceramic pickup in the bridge that is good for metal.
Not taking any online orders.
First thing that comes to mind is a MusicMan Pretucci.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Parker P36?? Its not for metal but great for acoustic

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.