Page 1 of 5
http://www.dailymail.com/story/News/2007081043/Man-says-hold-the-cheese-claims-McDonalds-didnt-sues-for-10-million/

His mother Trela Jackson and friend Andrew Ellifritz are parties to the lawsuit because they say they risked their lives rushing Jeromy to United Hospital Center in Clarksburg.

Jeromy did his part to make it known he didn't want cheese on the hamburgers because he is allergic, Houston said.

Because you don't check for cheese before hand? Dumbasses...

Discuss.
dumb ****s gave me onions today when i said very loudly no onions...
Quote by cappucino108
Quote by cappucino108
dumb ****s gave me onions today when i said very loudly no onions...

Take the onions out yourself, it's not that hard.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
10 millions a bit much. i think a lifetime supply of cheese would suffice
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
Quote by Bubban

Dude... Seriously... They chop there onions. Into tiny pieces. Try picking them off while you are driving.

Why does mcdonalds lawers suck so much? This should have been an easy case for them. Oh well.
Quote by Bubban

what? can't even fight for yourself?
naw... you deserve for going to McDonalds... I mean, what did you/smart one who's allergic to cheese expect?
OMG! They got his order wrong!?!? And even worse... they expect that poor allergic bastard to have to check his food before he eats it in case of human error and for his own safely!?!?!?!?

*puts on shades and looks out into the horizon*

...**** just got real
No one knows what it's like... to be a dustbin... in Shaftesbury... with hooligans...
Quote by leftybassdude
10 millions a bit much. i think a lifetime supply of cheese would suffice

He's allergic...
considering how many steps he took to make sure the burgers had no cheese on them he prolly just looked at them, saw the cheese, and said "hello lawsuit!" and took a bite.
Quote by LazySandman
what? can't even fight for yourself?
naw... you deserve for going to McDonalds... I mean, what did you/smart one who's allergic to cheese expect?

What in the hell are you going on about?
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
he had a sever allergic reaction to the cheese, mcdonalds should ****ing listen when someone ****ing says they dont want cheese or this or that the guy could've died, however 10 mil stupid he shouldnt be suing thats stupid.

Editl: mcdonalds should pay the 700$ for their medical bills not half.
he told them 5 times no cheese like...what the hell?
Quote by x/taluha
he had a sever allergic reaction to the cheese, mcdonalds should ****ing listen when someone ****ing says they dont want cheese or this or that the guy could've died, however 10 mil stupid he shouldnt be suing thats stupid.

i hate your avatar it just creeps me out everytime i see it but i cant look away
Quote by cappucino108
Quote by Superpartydude5
considering how many steps he took to make sure the burgers had no cheese on them he prolly just looked at them, saw the cheese, and said "hello lawsuit!" and took a bite.

I hope his plan backfired and nearly killed him.
Just ask for about 2,500...That would cover medical and it would give you some extra cash to do stuff with.....10 million is a bit much...one million would be too much...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
You have no idea how it is at mcdonalds. It's not like the people on cash make the burgers. All we do is wait to see a burger with a sticker on it saying that it doesn't have stuff on it. Screw ups are obviously going to be frequent when the back team is making burgers for drive through and the cash.. OH and uhh, don't you usually see cheese sticking out of the burger? or atleast check if you're allergic? what an idiot :| Mcdonalds should sue half their customers for being ignorant snotty assholes.
If he took so many steps to make sure there wasnt cheese on it, why didnt he look in the actual burger?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Quote by beau05
I'd say country or bluegrass would be pretty difficult, for being inbred is a pre-requisite
Quote by _testament_
You have no idea how it is at mcdonalds. It's not like the people on cash make the burgers. All we do is wait to see a burger with a sticker on it saying that it doesn't have stuff on it. Screw ups are obviously going to be frequent when the back team is making burgers for drive through and the cash.. OH and uhh, don't you usually see cheese sticking out of the burger? or atleast check if you're allergic? what an idiot :| Mcdonalds should sue half their customers for being ignorant snotty assholes.

go and read it again,
he was in a dark room watching a movie, obviously he wouldnt see it
and whenever I have ordered or seen aburger the cheese does NOT stick out
only the lettuce does.
In all seriousness though this is bull****. They deserve nothing. They get my order wrong all the ****in' time and I don't expect to be able to sue for 10 million

Him being allergic is not their fault. I wish people would stop suing people on pussy cases. If anything McDonalds should pay for his hospital bills in full and probably throw in a nice lump of cash to be fair but in no way does this merit 10 mill. It was an accident, people forgetting not to put cheese on a burger is hardly ever going to be a life threatening situation. The burger was in his hand, he was more than capable of looking at it to see if it had cheese so it's his problem. No one put the burger in his mouth.

And the whole part about putting their lives at risk rushing him to the hospital!?!? You're putting your life at risk ever time you get behind the wheel of a car or eat greasy as fast food!
No one knows what it's like... to be a dustbin... in Shaftesbury... with hooligans...
Quote by x/taluha
go and read it again,
only the lettuce does.

You have a cheese allergy, you always check your burger before you eat it. Why on earth would you trust someone to make it correctly for you? Do you not beleive in human error?
It says he was in a darkened room about to watch a movie, that's why he didn't check.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Quote by JDawg
You have a cheese allergy, you always check your burger before you eat it. Why on earth would you trust someone to make it correctly for you? Do you not beleive in human error?

Yeah he should've checked but Mcdonalds should've have put it on in the first place, if he said no cheese please for five damn times you dont put it on.
Quote by x/taluha
go and read it again,
only the lettuce does.

actually i didn't bother to read that at all. I dont care where that idiot was. I hate how everything is blamed on the mcdonalds employees when people are just simply stupid. If you're allergic to peanuts you read the label to see that there are no peanuts. If you're allergic to something like cheese its your own fault that you didn't check. :| People make mistakes, but if people want to risk the 30 seconds of checking if there's cheese, then so be it. Oh and I'm not sure what kind of burgers your ordering but a square piece of cheese on a round burger is going to stick out.
Quote by JDawg
Dude... Seriously... They chop there onions. Into tiny pieces. Try picking them off while you are driving.

Your stupidity is physically painful for me.
So remind me why someone who is as deathly allergic to cheese as this character doesn't check his sandwiches ANYWAYS?
Check out my latest recording on my profile
Quote by x/taluha
go and read it again,
only the lettuce does.

Bull****! The cheese always hangs off the side unless your burger is huge. And in McDonald's case we all know their burgers have been reduced to the size of a freakin' silver dollar already.

Like I said before, he bought a product, it was in his possession. He's held it with his own hands and put it to his mouth to bite. If the burger was poisoned it would be another story but his allergies are his own responsibility and he should know there's no guaranteeing you'll get your order perfect 100% of the time at McDonald's.
"Jeromy took one bite and started having the reaction, Houston said. One of the three immediately called the McDonald's to let restaurant employees know they had messed up the order, but had to cut the call short when Jeromy started having a bad reaction, Houston said."

Wait... he started having a reaction, and the first people they call are McDonalds?! WTF?! Why didn't they just call a hospital right then?!
Quote by lateraluspiral
She sucked your dick after you put it in her ass..?
Thats love.

Date idea?
Quote by Kensai
Sneak into mordor
Quote by Gigatiran
At least you're thinking out of the box.

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club.

Save the world?
Quote by x/taluha
Yeah he should've checked but Mcdonalds should've have put it on in the first place, if he said no cheese please for five damn times you dont put it on.

Of course they shouldn't have! He said no cheese! But why should Mcdonalds pay 10million dollars to this asshole for not checking his damn burger before hand? He is responsible for his own health.
That idiot should have checked his burger.All there is to it.
Founder of The Reverend Maynard Club-save the carrots!
PM me or diminishedfaith to join.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye
Quote by _testament_
actually i didn't bother to read that at all. I dont care where that idiot was. I hate how everything is blamed on the mcdonalds employees when people are just simply stupid. If you're allergic to peanuts you read the label to see that there are no peanuts. If you're allergic to something like cheese its your own fault that you didn't check. :| People make mistakes, but if people want to risk the 30 seconds of checking if there's cheese, then so be it. Oh and I'm not sure what kind of burgers your ordering but a square piece of cheese on a round burger is going to stick out.

I know how mcdonalds works. on the screen in the back it would clearly state
NO CH
or
NO CHEESE
or
X CH
it is the the mans fault for NOT checking his burger but it is MCDONALDS FAULT they didn't do as they were told "the costumer is always right" it was their preference.
Mcdonalds should pay the 700$ with proof of medical bills,and the doctors word on the stand.

Quote by Child Of Maiden
Bull****! The cheese always hangs off the side unless your burger is huge. And in McDonald's case we all know their burgers have been reduced to the size of a freakin' silver dollar already.

Like I said before, he bought a product, it was in his possession. He's held it with his own hands and put it to his mouth to bite. If the burger was poisoned it would be another story but his allergies are his own responsibility and he should know there's no guaranteeing you'll get your order perfect 100% of the time at McDonald's.

Seriously ive never seen cheese hang off, maybe the lettuce is covering it?
like i said IT IS HIS FAULT FOR NOT CHECKING!!!! (why is no one listening to that?) but it is mcdonalds fault for not giving what the costumer clearly asked for for five times. They should suck it up and pay the $700
Just as a legal note, it's well-settled law in the United States that a customer consuming food has no duty to inspect the food before consuming it. This primarily deals with people who find errant bones or needles or other foreign matter in their food, but I'm sure the attorney will try to apply the same standard to this case.

Also, it's common practice to sue for an exorbitant amount of money - you don't want to sue for a low amount and then figure out it's too little.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by x/taluha

If eating cheese could kill me I would check shit that usually comes with cheese before eating it and then take it back if they messed up and explain again that it could freaking kill me.

I realize that would be an inconvenience, but not so much as nearly dying and then suing for way more money than should be allowed.
Quote by JDawg
Of course they shouldn't have! He said no cheese! But why should Mcdonalds pay 10million dollars to this asshole for not checking his damn burger before hand? He is responsible for his own health.

I never said 10million i think thats retarded i said they should pay for his medical bills and maybe like 2 free meals or soemthing

heck throw in some happy meal toys
Quote by Dirk Gently
Just as a legal note, it's well-settled law in the United States that a customer consuming food has no duty to inspect the food before consuming it. This primarily deals with people who find errant bones or needles or other foreign matter in their food, but I'm sure the attorney will try to apply the same standard to this case.

Also, it's common practice to sue for an exorbitant amount of money - you don't want to sue for a low amount and then figure out it's too little.

i like this law, the costumer shouldnt have to check the damn food, these companies are COSTUMER SERVICE companies they shouldnt have to make their costumers parinoid.
Quote by Dirk Gently

Right. I agree with this law. But this doesn't prevent human error. It's a known fact that MCds screws orders up all the time.
You know what, suppose I've never had cheese. Let's pretend that never in my life have I ever consumed a single bite of cheese or cheese related product. But, I'm well aware that some people are allergic to cheese. And this scares me as I'm in the drive through at McDonald's so I order my burger without cheese for fear that I may belong to the statistic of people who are allergic to cheese. So I clearly say NO CHEESE PLEASE.

I drive up, get my order and go home. I get home, take the burger out, don't bother to look at it because why would I have to? Surely with all the under achieving teenagers that work at McDonald's I should expect my order to be 100% perfect every time. So I take a bite and what do you know... they put cheese in it. For all I know I could have been extremely allergic to cheese and how dare they put my life at risk like that!? I mean there are people out there who are allergic to cheese so there's no denying that it could have been possible. I'm going to sue the **** out of McDonalds!

I'm gonna be a rich man! Smell ya later pit dwellers

/absurd scenario that is almost equally as absurd as the real scenario TS brought to our attention.
McDonalds is a pop-culture icon for terrible service and impossibly consistent products, American backwater to ex-British colony Chinese port town. If you have food allergies to popular products involved in the making of said inflexible burgers, you don't buy them.

Also, people make stupid mistakes. It happens. It's not worth $10 million. Americans need to stop suing people.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
Quote by jammoe
McDonalds is a pop-culture icon for terrible service and impossibly consistent products, American backwater to ex-British colony Chinese port town. If you have food allergies to popular products involved in the making of said inflexible burgers, you don't buy them.

Also, people make stupid mistakes. It happens. It's not worth $10 million. Americans need to stop suing people.

100% agreed. I'm tired of hearing about these pussy lawsuits where people find loopholes and get rich off of their own stupidity.
Quote by x/taluha
I know how mcdonalds works. on the screen in the back it would clearly state
NO CH
or
NO CHEESE
or
X CH
it is the the mans fault for NOT checking his burger but it is MCDONALDS FAULT they didn't do as they were told "the costumer is always right" it was their preference.
Mcdonalds should pay the 700$ with proof of medical bills,and the doctors word on the stand.

Seriously ive never seen cheese hang off, maybe the lettuce is covering it?
like i said IT IS HIS FAULT FOR NOT CHECKING!!!! (why is no one listening to that?) but it is mcdonalds fault for not giving what the costumer clearly asked for for five times. They should suck it up and pay the $700

They are already offering to pay the medical costs but the guy thinks that just covering the medical bills isn't enough. He says all the emotional harm it caused him which they say is intentional along with negligence is worth 10 million. It's the guy who is being a total jackass.
Quote by Reverb X
I think you should touch your penis. It solves all problems.

Quote by JimmyPageda2nd
My penis is not huge.

EDIT: If anyone sigs that, I'll beat their ass.

Member of the Nobody Club:We Don't Matter Enough To Have Titles. PM gunther_sucks to join
Page 1 of 5