Okay guys...it's that infamous place every guitarist gets stuck at sooner or later...I'm in a rut. I've been playing for...well, 11 days will be one year. I just need a little nudge to help me progress some more. Let's see, never thought i'd do this, but...I know a little theory, a couple scales, many many chords, can pretty much hit pinch harmonics on any string(except the 6th...) and on any fret. I can't exactly "shred" like i'd like to. I've been trying to step my improvisation up, but I know that I need to learn more scales and the theory behind it and such to help with it. It's not exactly hard, but time consuming. I pretty much know what I need to do, but I don't know where to find something to teach me music theory, preferably something I can download. I was just hoping you guys might have something that'll help me. Please and thank you.
~ Gear ~
Epiphone Les Paul
Crate GX-80
Quote by Guitarist132
Finish the quote

"This is _______"
Quote by Aqua Dementia
SPAAAAAAAARRRRTTTAAA! No?
Quote by Guitarist132
Incorrect, the correct answer was papua new guinea

Quote by Aqua Dementia
Whoa, I'm in your sig.
why don't you stop learning things like that and learn something you love to hear. like your favorite song. Spend some time on that for a while. Then move back to learning other things like more scales and theory.
so uyes do learn your favortie songs and try to play easier stuff that u like because thid will reinsure u in what you can do

SEEMS LIKE IT ALWAYS HAPPENS AT ONE YEAR OF PLAYING
There's just a little problem with learning my favorite songs...most of them aren't easy. I've tried learning some songs I like, but I need to work up my skill to play them fully.
~ Gear ~
Epiphone Les Paul
Crate GX-80
Quote by Guitarist132
Finish the quote

"This is _______"
Quote by Aqua Dementia
SPAAAAAAAARRRRTTTAAA! No?
Quote by Guitarist132
Incorrect, the correct answer was papua new guinea

Quote by Aqua Dementia
Whoa, I'm in your sig.
Then play some songs you don't like
I remember me having the same problem when I was playing about a year. Try broadening your musical view: try playing some songs in other genres if there more fit to your capabilities. You'll learn to appreciate them too. I started of playing only metallica songs (wich were way to hard for me back then) but got stuck pretty soon. Now I play all sort of styles: pop, seventies rock, punk, goth,... and it's way more fun.

Another great thing you could do is finding someone else that plays guitar or an other instrument and jam together. Make up songs of your own and play those. When you playing together with someone, the motivation to learn and improve is way higher.
Yeah, go to music you normally wouldnt play. I was stuck once and i started learning classical guitar (something i thought was boring and not for me) and it turned out to be pretty damn fun aswell as advancing my playing.