i just got paid $150 and i'm probably going to get around $300 when i sell my GNX4...what should i get with that money?? this is what i have right now. Guitars: 1958 Gibson LP reissue, Ibanez JS1200. Amp: JCM800 with UA. Pedals: EHX metal muff, EHX holy grail, Boss NS-2, Boss loop station, BBE free fuzz, EVH flanger, Boss RT-20, Digitech Whammy, Ibanez analog delay, Vox Mccoy wah and Ibanez tube screamer.

What should i get next?? I'm into blues, rock and metal
Last edited by blues-guitarist at Aug 10, 2007,
dude i think youve got everything you need.
maybe get something like not guitar, like an excesory for you car or something for a different hobby
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
Quote by ledzep1023
dude i think youve got everything you need.
maybe get something like not guitar, like an excesory for you car or something for a different hobby

i don't have a car...i'm not getting my license until december, plus i'm not into the whole car thing...as long as it works is all good...i was thinking of getting some stuff to kinda start a mini studio...any suggestions on how to start??
Get a nice multi-track recorder. There are some nice digital ones out, look into Fostex and Tascam.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
ah, i got the new tascam 24track recorder a while back. best idea ever
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by UnsignedRecords
ah, i got the new tascam 24track recorder a while back. best idea ever

wow...that's $900...i'm new at the whole recording thing, what's the difference btw that and using your computer?
well with all the stuff i got with it, it ended up costing almost 2 grand. but that's because i'm using it for school eventually.

i've tried using audacity and some other program and couldn't get the right results. i'm sure someone could give the postives on using computer-based editing, but i prefer the editing on the workstation.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by UnsignedRecords
well with all the stuff i got with it, it ended up costing almost 2 grand. but that's because i'm using it for school eventually.

i've tried using audacity and some other program and couldn't get the right results. i'm sure someone could give the postives on using computer-based editing, but i prefer the editing on the workstation.

my school has an 12track and next year i'm taking recording tech so i would probably learn the difference btw softwares and actual workstations
that's good. and maybe lucky. i gonna have to pay to learn how to become a recording producer and all that jazz

but maybe a little 8-track recorder would suffice for you. tascam makes one i was considering getting, but it didn't have enough simultaneous recording tracks for my needs.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

mbox???
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
I agree on the M-box. Unless you're willing to shell out 8 grand for a protools rig, it's the only way to go for home recording. That with a good soundcard and maybe 1 or 2 mics and you're golden.
Pay for some lessons from a real good guitar instructor.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra