Hey i'm novice bassist and im having trouble finding some decent bass lines. I would just like some suggestions please. And i'm just sayin, can no one say "well what bands you like" cause i looked at the bands i like and cant find a decent line. So all i'm asking for is some suggestions on novice bass lines. Nothing crazy either. Please and Thank you!
longview by greenday is pretty easy
also try warning also by green day, its the first bassline i ever learned...
umm whatelse.......... nothin off the top of my head besides that but il be sure to post more when it comes to me
?!
learn mario
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
IM sry but i dont own an eleven string bass...
i have a 4 string epiphone bass
chili peppers
Quote by GuitarHobbiest
What exactly is a powerchord?

Quote by laid_to_waste
My trouser snake is friendly. If you pet him, he might even do a trick! think I'm going to hell for that one.
there is a tab for mario on bass on this site
Quote by dunkelblau

Dear Stoner Stone,
I have found in reading this post that you are lacking the intelligence of a normal person.
you need serious help, possibly involving a screwdriver, and a large piece of wood.
please, be deceased now.
thank you

check out:
Cake: I Will Survive
The Rapture: Out Of The Races and Onto The Tracks (if that doesn't get you back into wanting to play the bass nothing will)
Led Zeppelin: Dazed and Confused (easy as hell but really fun to play)

and once you start getting a little better check out Anesthesia(Pulling Teeth) by Metallica, the whole thing is a bass solo, and its incredibly hard, but the beginning is amazing, and its not that hard to play

also most of the white stripes songs' main riffs are easy and fun to play on bass (seven nation army, blue orchid, hardest button to button)
Quote by mercen11ary
IM sry but i dont own an eleven string bass...
i have a 4 string epiphone bass

just kiddin, that guy devotes his life to learning 80s video game themes on his bass, he's ridiculous
try Blitzkrieg Bop by the Ramones
The Hand That Feeds by Nine Inch Nails
Killing in the Name by Rage against the machine.
Quote by even deeper
try Blitzkrieg Bop by the Ramones
The Hand That Feeds by Nine Inch Nails
Killing in the Name by Rage against the machine.

You could also become this guy. http://youtube.com/watch?v=r3K02HUIQcU
On topic. RHCP has many lines, as cliche as it sounds it's great to start. Try some the who also.