so im upgrading my old starter guitar with new pups and everything but i really want a new finish on it and i like the worn finish look like this one http://www.caraguitars.com/srvguitar.asp
on the stevie ray vaughn strat copy. how can i get a worn finish like that without actually playing the **** out of my guitar for 30 yrs?
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Ash Lite Stratocaster
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
planet waves tuner-ts9dx tubescreamer-metal muff-boss ce-5-delta labs dd1 delay
Naw man, the key is sand paper, that's kind of what the Duo-Sonic look like when I started sanding it...
sand paper, then just put varnish over it
Quote by dunkelblau

Dear Stoner Stone,
I have found in reading this post that you are lacking the intelligence of a normal person.
you need serious help, possibly involving a screwdriver, and a large piece of wood.
please, be deceased now.
thank you

so basically just sand the living hell out of the thing till it looks worn and then varnish it?
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
sweet that sounds easy enough!
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
Start with a course grade of paper, like 100 grit, then go up (the higher the number the finer the sand). Start with 100, then 150, then 300, then go into the black **** you have to use water with to get it SMOOTH then add a finish (or oil it) and call it good.
well if i **** up the sanding job i can just sand it all the way and repaint it
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
Yeah man, but don't sand too much off or it'll look tacky, as forsaknazrael said.
ultimate painting/refinishing thread.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure