Hi,

I'm looking to change my pickups on my fender cyclone. Its the s-h verison. I would like to change the humbucker but i'm not sure what to get.

It was my first guitar, so soon after i got it, i asked a guitar tech to take out the tone knob as it was keeping loose(due to me hitting it everytime i strum) and my humbucker now have coil splits. However, I do not like the way it sounds.

So I am asking for suggestions. I'm also not sure whether i want to change the humbucker to p90s or p94s or humbuckers. I play indie rock and i am goona do all these myself.

Thanks in advance.
Gibson SG supreme
Fender Cyclone
I am using an mg15 at the moment. Yeah, I know it sucks. But i'm goona change to a tube amp soon, either the ac30 or a dsl40.
Gibson SG supreme
Fender Cyclone
save up for the amp before the pickups. you'll be happier.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
erm yeah i saved enough already, i'm just waiting for the shop to bring them in.
Gibson SG supreme
Fender Cyclone
hmmm, well i used the guitar with a few tube amps and still can't seem to like it
Gibson SG supreme
Fender Cyclone
okay, thanks for the advice! but do you think the SD phatcat would be a good choice too?
Gibson SG supreme
Fender Cyclone
Phat Cats aren't exactly like a real P-90, because of their different bobbin shape, but they're neat. Snappy, punchy pickup.
It'd be preference, but the Phat Cats wouldn't be a bad idea. Try out a guitar with P-90s at your local Guitar Center. They should carry at least one, like an Epi LP Goldtop with P-90's, or a PRS SE Soapbar.
oh okay, i'm looking at them because i think the p90s are too wide for my pickguard. Haha
Gibson SG supreme
Fender Cyclone