My gf wants me to teach her guitar. Thing is I'm shit at teaching things. so what should I start out with.
C2B3
Colnel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains

Quote by larry jones
I don't put people's quotes in my sig, but this would go there if I did.
easy chords and scales and like teach her the notes and stuff until she gets comfortable with the guitar and builds up some dexterity in her fingers then proceed from there.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
how to hold the guitar, how to pick, how to fret. then teach her a simple song, but it should take a long time to get her to pick/fret right.

If I were you, I'd totaly teach her "you really got me" by van halen for her first song. Just teach her the root notes of the chords.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
Quote by Garret.
easy chords and scales and like teach her the notes and stuff until she gets comfortable with the guitar and builds up some dexterity in her fingers then proceed from there.

Yeah, that's option one, option two is teach her songs. I suggest option two. Also, get some songs where she can play along with you.

Oh and duh ask her what her favorite songs are...
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
speed metal symphony

or basic chords etc.

but i personally would have her nail sweep picking and arpeggios first
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Ask her what song she wants to play, get tabs on said song, then teach her how to play it.

Later you can teach her chords, scales, etc.
yeah teach her the major scales and a few easy chords, make sure she practices 30 minutes a day. Also teach her a few easy warmups such as playing everynote on the fret board when shes coomfortable with that rape her. if shes keeping up and still has commtiement move on too barr chords and more popular songs to keep her intrest.
Quote by Markieg3
yeah teach her the major scales and a few easy chords, make sure she practices 30 minutes a day. Also teach her a few easy warmups such as playing everynote on the fret board when shes coomfortable with that rape her. if shes keeping up and still has commtiement move on too barr chords and more popular songs to keep her intrest.

C2B3

Quote by larry jones
Quote by human-blasphamy

the funny part is that he isn't joking, it's one of the perks of teaching.

teach her basic chords (G,C,A,Am,Em,E,D,Dm etc, etc)

and then go through some easy rhythm patterns and stuff.
Knock Knock KNockin on Heaven's doooorr.

chords are G, D, C, G, D, Am

Teach her that. easy as pie, but might take a week for the chords changes
Quote by shtiming
Knock Knock KNockin on Heaven's doooorr.

chords are G, D, C, G, D, Am

Teach her that. easy as pie, but might take a week for the chords changes

Wait, aren't those chords all 5ths? That would make it even easier.
But to start her off, get songs she likes, simple ones where you can teach her the chords, and then have her play it and feel like a stud.
Thanks guys
C2B3

Quote by larry jones
Try teaching her the main riff in 7 Nation Army, get her used to fretting and picking..
Teach her songs she wants to learn, and if she wants to play say, This Godless Endeavour, or Spirit Crusher, you hold onto that woman and never let go.
Quote by Kensai
But they have to be sarcastic or something... or just messing around.

Surely people this dumb must've failed to breathe a long time ago.