And I don't mean like just normal, "Whoa that was messed up. Oh well, back to sleep!" type things. I mean like "Holy ****! *checks around to see if there's actually blood all over the place* Damn... *doesn't fall asleep for another half-hour*" type thing. Different dream every time, each one of them just extremely extremely messed up. Never happened to me until tonight.
The thing is, I usually have my dog with me. Not right in my arms, but at least in the room. I'm not going to have him for a while. So I dunno what to do. Leaving the light on or listening to soft music doesn't help. Suggestions?
If you have a TV, try watching that until you fall asleep, that usually helps me. Sorry about your luck.
666 BRO
THAT HAPPENS TO ME SORTA :O il lie in and like go between 8 o clock and 11 o clock ill wake up and go back to sleep and each lil sleep i have weird lil dreams kinda like nightmares i gues strange stuff hapens everday aswell
those happened to me before, one was actually so bad i had to sleep on my parents floor for about 6 months, not even exaggerating in the slightest. granted, i was 8, but still thats pretty bad.

anyway, trying drinking a glass of warm milk and maybe, although this might seem childish, pretend a stuffed animal is your dog? just shooting ideas here

sleeping pills are also always an option - dont get hooked though
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
I had a dream aliens were invading and I was in a desperate struggle to escape and they were in my house and when I woke up I legitimately believed that Aliens were still in my house and invading earth and I was like trying to escape my house and when I was halfway out of my window I realized it was a dream and I felt like a complete moron. It was probably the most terrified I have ever been in my entire life.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
dude that sux...but try 1 of those Indian dream catchers those work for me
We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict.
Jim Morrison
1. No channels in this house. After seeing movies like "The Ring" I'm freakin' scared to turn on one without having a comedy movie in, and we don't own any movies.
2. Warm milk makes me puke at night.
3. Sleeping pills are a big no-no 'cause I had a lot of problems last year from them.
4. We actually don't have any stuffed animals because we had to "grow the **** up."
5. I just went downstairs to take piss and the entire time I felt like I was in the dream and I was gonna see some screwed up stuff in the bathtub or some weird ass looking kid was going to trip my ass as I came back upstairs. And I just locked my door because I think I'm going whack here.
Take a large amount of Flinstones vitamins. They help to reduce the chemicals in your brain which may cause an abnormal REM sleep cycle. Often this abnormal cycle results in nightmares.

Believe me, I know my s**t, I went to Flinstones Medical School.
I bet you five bucks that I play guitar.
Quote by Eminored
5. I just went downstairs to take piss and the entire time I felt like I was in the dream and I was gonna see some screwed up stuff in the bathtub or some weird ass looking kid was going to trip my ass as I came back upstairs. And I just locked my door because I think I'm going whack here.

Stuff like That happens to me all the time At night, I always feel like people are watching me and I always have to turn the lights on in the rooms I pass on my way to bed because I'm paranoid people are in there as well.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Paranoia sucks. I used to be really paranoid in my house, for some reason beyond me, It's all stopped. :\
666 BRO
anyways, when going to sleep say to yourself, "I'm not going to have a nightmare tonight" ten times, you'll look like a jackass, but whos watching?
The worst thing is late at night if you go to the toilet without lights on, you cant see behind the shower curtain...

*shudders*
Quote by Garret.
Stuff like That happens to me all the time At night, I always feel like people are watching me and I always have to turn the lights on in the rooms I pass on my way to bed because I'm paranoid people are in there as well.

same thing for me, I see pepole walking out of the corner of my eye, or in the darkness
^ That still happens to me also, and it's damn annoying.
666 BRO
I have this like 3 foot stuffed lion that I always sleep with (not that way, gutter heads) try that. Well with any stuffed animal.
I'm feeling a stuffed animal thread coming...maybe it's just me though.
666 BRO
None of this really happens very much to me. Although sometimes I feel like someone's standing over my bed, and I'll look and there's no-one there, and I'll close my eyes again and I'll get the feeling again and that will just happen over and over again.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Kankuro
^ Especially pizza, or so I've been told.

I think it is the cheese because it is digested slowly. I don't know why the **** I was watching Richard and Judy.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Quote by whalepudding
None of this really happens very much to me. Although sometimes I feel like someone's standing over my bed, and I'll look and there's no-one there, and I'll close my eyes again and I'll get the feeling again and that will just happen over and over again.

That's why I used to have a sleeping problem...

Now I just can't get too sleep for no reason what so ever!
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Good thread this -

After I read the ghost thread (about 50 pages at the time over a few days) I had some PROPER weird dreams. Not about ghosts or anything just proper weird and ****ed up, really vivid as well. One was about a girl, nothing nasty actually - but I swear if you stimulate your mind in certain ways during the day it continues in dreams.

Hope that makes sense.

Edit - to make this post a bit more constructive, I'll just say I like sleeping with a cat or two - I pretend my beds (or room) is a boat, submarine or plane or something and me and my cat/s are cruising around and stuff. It sound's really funny, but it's very peaceful to me...
Quote by Deadmen
same thing for me, I see pepole walking out of the corner of my eye, or in the darkness

i get that when im going up the stairs at night. as i get to the turn on the stairs where you sort of turn a corner then carry on up, i always think theres someone there and i ALWAYS end up running up the rest of the stairs..sad i know.

on topic, i used to have really bad nightmares but now i've learned to disctract myself before i sleep. like having a familliar dvd/video on before you sleep. i always watch red dwarf when i cant sleep cos it distracts me then i get tired and eventually all asleep.
Quote by rich_sg
Oh come on Emz, the thread is who's your favorite UG'er, not MOST FAVORITE IN THE WHOLE WORLD!

Elecktra Of The UG Hero's And Villian's Club Pm josh999x To Join

The proud owner of [x]Huffy[x]

Quote by Heafyman
You Jackass_babe are cool.
Well this is a weird story, I had a headache once (wow..), took two paracet pills, the headache stopped after a few moments. What I didn't know.. was that I were sorta... drugged.

I went to bed, fell asleep. Then came this weirdest and most life daring dream i've ever had. I dreamt I was being crushed by pillows.. no idea, but that feeling!! Horrible feeling of being crushed by something metallic..omg.. (to get that feeling, take a spoon, try shackle it between your teeths.. alot. And there you go, imagine getting that feeling all over your body...its.. just horrible) I woke up in an instant rushed out from my house in bare pants... still thinking I were being crushed. Up to my grandmas house.. I thought I would die in just a matter of time.. She calmed me down.. but I still thought there were flying pillows after me. I couldn't sleep alone, so I slept besides her.. the feeling was still there.. those damn pillows. Eventually I felt asleep. I was sick for two days after that dream.

I now hate putting spoons in my mouth. And there's NO way I will take two paracet pills at the same time... ever... again.
Last edited by Eccer at Aug 11, 2007,
I have reoccurring nighthorrors when there's a lot of stress at work. Maybe you're stressed.
Quote by p o e
lmfao man thats so sick and depraved and yet funny all at once

my hats off to you IbanezSA160, you have embodied the Pit into one little poem
Grab a textbook or anything that will bored you to dead, force yourself to read it =D
It works for me if i couldn't sleep.
Read=Sleep
Just somebody doing something somewhere sometime
I had a really nasty dream where someone was pulling my wrists and then I woke up and my hand was asleep behind my head and I was convinced someone was still pulling my wrist...and then i proceeded to scream like a little girl and thrash around the bed and gave myself a black eye....I had a hard time sleeping after that one
but, I found that it was easiest to pick one thing in my room and stare intently at it, trying to figure out the countless things that could be done with whatever I was looking at
for example: staring at my cell phone charger and thinking "hmm..you could play catch with that...or batter an unsuspecting citizen...or.....use it a diving weight"
etc. etc. until I just fell asleep
meh, just a suggestion to try
I once knocked me over the nose in my sleep causing a pretty violent nose bleed. I was awakened by the feeling of something slowly pouring down my face, into my nose, ears, eyes, mouth and down my chest, so I ran into the bathroom to look in the mirror, and I was pretty shocked. I looked like a zombie, with my upperbody covered in blood, and it was so unexpected and weird I was convinced I was having a very real nightmare.

It was freaky.