*sigh*

what guitar do you have?
what amp do you have?
what kind of sound are you looking for...try not describe it in terms of bands or artist. Describe it in terms of the tonal characteristics and voicing you're looking for. If you can't do that then you don't need pickups yet.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
why do you want new pickups?
if your answer is "i want a better sound", you're buying the wrong item. if not.. then go ahead and answer ^ guys questions
Me personally I would suggest dave mustaine sig pick ups I cant wait to get mine. It is going to be awesome.
"Member of the Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join"
Comander of the silly sausage army pm me or KCGIG1 to join!

My gear:

Electric: Mexican Fender stratocaster
Acoustic: navaro
amp: Fender frontman 15G
No it won't, it'll be dishearteningly underwhelming. You'll barely get a noticeable difference in the sound - you need to change your amp, not your pickups.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
*sigh*

what guitar do you have?
what amp do you have?
what kind of sound are you looking for...try not describe it in terms of bands or artist. Describe it in terms of the tonal characteristics and voicing you're looking for. If you can't do that then you don't need pickups yet.

Threadstarter, ignor all the posts recomending pickups before you answer steven seagull's questions. Anybody who make a recomendation before finding this info out is just telling you what they like and odds are their recomendations will be something that wont be right for you.
Not taking any online orders.
I always feel a bit mean and haughty saying stuff like that, but in my eyes (ears) if you can't describe the characteristics of the tone you want then you really aren't at the stage where you need a pickup swap. If you can only describe the sound you want in terms of a couple of bands, or a genre, then arguably you aren't yet analysing your tone closely enough to either quantify the benefits of, or indeed make an informed decision on, a pickup upgrade. Also if you blindly ask for pickup advice without stating the rest of your gear then chances are you're thinking pickups will do a lot more than they actually do.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
No it won't, it'll be dishearteningly underwhelming. You'll barely get a noticeable difference in the sound - you need to change your amp, not your pickups.

Yes but I am also getting a new amp either ibanez or marshall.
"Member of the Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join"
Comander of the silly sausage army pm me or KCGIG1 to join!

My gear:

Electric: Mexican Fender stratocaster
Acoustic: navaro
amp: Fender frontman 15G
Last edited by Poundcake at Aug 11, 2007,
Then sort your amp out first...and ask here for advice, you can't choose pickups until you know what sound you get from your guitar and amp. Don't waste your money on an Ibanez Toneblaster or a Marshall MG either (I KNOW those are the amps you're looking at) , there are better options for your money.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
Don't waste your money on an Ibanez Toneblaster or a Marshall MG either (I KNOW those are the amps you're looking at)

somehow thats quite possibly the funniest post i've seen on this forum. because its true.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by CorduroyEW
Threadstarter, ignor all the posts recomending pickups before you answer steven seagull's questions. Anybody who make a recomendation before finding this info out is just telling you what they like and odds are their recomendations will be something that wont be right for you.

word. and word to what steven seagull said too.

Quote by steven seagull
Then sort your amp out first...and ask here for advice, you can't choose pickups until you know what sound you get from your guitar and amp. Don't waste your money on an Ibanez Toneblaster or a Marshall MG either (I KNOW those are the amps you're looking at) , there are better options for your money.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Blompcube
somehow thats quite possibly the funniest post i've seen on this forum. because its true.

If I ever have kids they're going to hate me SO much...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
If I ever have kids they're going to hate me SO much...

Ah, you're going to be the Dad that buys them an MG for Christmas and then grounds them for having a terrible amp.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?