Im having trouble with starting to play. I mean, when im about to hit the first note in a song or solo or something, or the first note in a fast passage, i kindof stop for a second. Any tips on trying to fix this?
Quote by Les Paul Ell
It's so annoying going through any guitar magazine and finding that every few pages you've got another Zakk Wylde advert.
Quote by darthbuttchin
soon therell be bloody signature beards, to make you look like your hero.
i didnt 100% understand you. are you saying that you have slow reflexes? or that your guitar is a little slow
lol, em i dont think anyone can really help you except say 'stop doing it and just play'.
It means that you're trying to play to fast - play it slow enough that you can play the whole thing smoothly and gradually build the speed up over time. Also don't try to learn the whole solo, break it down into pieces so it's easier to learn.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I can play it once I get going, its just getting started that is hard if that makes sence
Quote by Les Paul Ell
It's so annoying going through any guitar magazine and finding that every few pages you've got another Zakk Wylde advert.
Quote by darthbuttchin
soon therell be bloody signature beards, to make you look like your hero.
Then you need to practice the transition from the rhythm part to the solo part...again, do it slowly at first and gradually speed up.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i realised i had this problem too, say on a 3 note per string shred idea, i would play the first triplet, stop, and start it again for some obscure reason...

slow it down, get it out of ya system, speed it up. works on pretty much anything.
"suicide hotline, please hold......."
ur tryin to learn reli complicate stuff to early, im guessin ur a beginner, i had the same problem, i got my guitar and barely lerned chords before smashin into these difficult for begineers songs and altho the notes were the right pitch i had **** technque and everything, i decided to start again and it was much harder to get everything right cause of the bad habbit, its gonna ytake me alot longer now to learn!!
ow plus learn scales and all chord possitions u can if ur doin solo stuff ect, to many of my fr4eidns cant play stuff quick enogh or with the right feel cause one they dont hav any rythm, but mostly vcuwse they move there fingers to much, not gettin into comfortable shapes on the fert board