At the moment I have a silver Yamaha RBX??? (You see it was my brothers, and he has never told me - he doesnt live at home now). It's around £190-220 i believe. The bass I'm interested in is a Ibanez SR500/505 (£329 on the internet, £399 in a shop). Now, I'm new to all this (I've been playing since Christmas-ish) and was wondering if:

I should be wondering about a new bass
If the Ibanez would be a better bass

Thanks in advance,
Gerbs
if u want a new bass, and u have the money, then go for it. as to which bass would be better, i suggest either taking both to a shop and trying them on the same amp, or trying the new one out at the sop and deciding for urself.
its really up to you. if youve only been playing for less than a year id keep saving your money and buying something better when youre better. maybe like a fender jazz or a higher end ibanez. that way youll be happier and its not like you need a new bass right now since you havent been playing for too long.
MusicMan Stingray 4 HH
Modded Fender MIM J-Bass
Fender American Deluxe Ash Strat
Ibanez limited edition walnut EW acoustic #202/250
Fender Bassman 250 2x10 combo
Vox AD50VT
That Ibanez would blow the Yamaha away. Ibanez makes a solid all-around bass
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
That's a pretty good Ibanez, but I'd suggest waiting and going all out with a high end Fender, Warwick, or Musicman
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
just play what you have for now until youve saved some money, then get a fender p bass or whatever suits you fancy