what guitarist would you like to see playing a solo of a song not theirs (and song)?

For those of you who love a song but are not satisfied with the solo performed... or want the inclusion of a solo from a guitarist that has the ability to make it sound beautiful.
I would say Jimi Hendrix playing While My Guitar Gently Weeps. I'm not sure why but I just think it would fit so well. I also wasn't satisfied with EC's version (flame me all you want, I still wasn't satisfied).
Also - Eddie Van Halen - What I Like About You.
I'd like to hear Michael angelo battio improvising a solo for comfortably numb!
That would be so horrible and tasteless I would laugh like a little girl!
...And the worms ate into his brain.
I'd like to see John Frusciante do a cover of either Lucky or You and Whose Army.

Oh wait.

He already did.
i dont really like the solo in stairway to heaven, all the finger picking and rhythm parts are good but i don't really like the solo, and i don't like the way people think its the best solo ever written on a guitar, to me it sounds rushed an not made with a wide thought, to me the solo just sounds average
I'd want either Jack White or Johnny Greenwood to play Cold War Kid's "We Used To Vacation"
Gear:
Ibanez JS100
03 Squier Strat
1980 Ovation Matrix Accoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Washburn T-14 Taurus (Bass)
SWR Working Pro 100 watt bass amp
Quote by matalliam
i dont really like the solo in stairway to heaven, all the finger picking and rhythm parts are good but i don't really like the solo, and i don't like the way people think its the best solo ever written on a guitar, to me it sounds rushed an not made with a wide thought, to me the solo just sounds average

I think it sounds pretty average to, but Rodrigo Y gabriela has mad a cover of it and it is awesome on acoustic! check it out
...And the worms ate into his brain.
Quote by juniorfr3ak
I'd want either Jack White or Johnny Greenwood to play Cold War Kid's "We Used To Vacation"

That would be very good.

I like your style
In Priestess - Lay Down I just want it to kick off into a badass solo, but I felt unsatisfied from what they had

Still, that song kicks ass!

Oh, and I'd love to hear a Jack White rendition of most solos tbh... I just love his style.
Last edited by Steve The Plank at Aug 11, 2007,
Quote by Birdy266
Ummm Maybe Kirk and James from metallica doin Hangar 18?

I wonder if James would be able to, he's a solid rhythm player but, theirs allot of fast lead licks.
Quote by Birdy266
Ummm Maybe Kirk and James from metallica doin Hangar 18?

Granted, Mustaine wrote a lot of older Metallica material that wouldn't be a stretch at all.
id like to see Steve Morse to do the Solo of Child in Time. Just because i want to hear Deep Purple doing it with Steve
(Im Not sure he didn't do it already)
Not satisfied with the solo performed? Who are you to tell a guitarist how their own music should sound?
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

i would like to see buckethead doing the solo to through the fire and flames, both guitar parts at once (i think he could do it.... maybe....)

or steve vai doing a shred version of sweet child of mine
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Quote by pumpkins_rule
Not satisfied with the solo performed? Who are you to tell a guitarist how their own music should sound?

lighten up, it's just for fun. Everyone has different tastes remember. While the guitarist might be satisfied with his/her solo (and rightly so), there might be a guitarist you think that would fill YOUR needs a bit better.
i would love to hear Kirk Hammet in all his wah-ness do comfortably numb or Jimi Hendrix do Eruption
Alex Skolnick playing Altitudes

its not that it doesnt have good solos, they're godly in fact, but it would interesting to hear Alex Skolnick playing it.

it would also be cool to hear Marty Friedman playing Musical Death by Testament
Quote by buckethead_jr
Marty Friedman playing Creeping Death.
Winner.

And Metallica would totally cover a Megadeth song and vice-versa.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS: