k i spent months finding my style
thought i was doing very well
had my own way of soloing, riffing etc etc...
but the other day in a guitar shop a few people said ''you sound like a slayer meets pantera rip off'' which pissed me off
i knew i had a few riffs little pantera sounding but i had never heard a single slayer song in my life.
so like wtf should I do,
I've just stuck to my playing and basically said ''**** you slayer ripped me off'' (jk dont bitch) to anyone who said i was a slayer rip off
i cant see how i sound like slayer tbh but will this cause problems?
idont want to have to change my playing style cause I love it.
Quote by christ_on_acid?
but the other day in a guitar shop a few people said ''you sound like a slayer meets pantera rip off'' which pissed me off
i knew i had a few riffs little pantera sounding but i had never heard a single slayer song in my life.
so like wtf should I do,
I've just stuck to my playing and basically said ''**** you slayer ripped me off'' (jk dont bitch) to anyone who said i was a slayer rip off

You have never listened to Slayer?
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
What sort of people do you hang around with, they sound like utter assholes.

John Frusciante has the playing style of Jimi Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughaun - does that make him a Hendrix/SRV wannabe?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
^^^ LOL

Quote by christ_on_acid?
so like wtf should I do,

So don't change your playing style, don't listen to what people like that say. If they claim you're a Slayer/Pantera ripoff then you're obviously fairly unique because thier guitarists styles are very different and they claim you are some combination of both. Besides im sure if you listened to these people playing you may well hear similarities to the playing styles of existing players
Member No.3 of The 'I Watched Dragonball Z and Vegetas Scouter said my power level is over 9000 Club'
PM redh0tchilip3pp or rizo299 to Join

Co-Founder of the 'Magikarp was blatantly the best Pokemon' Club
PM me to join
Quote by sp0ckr0cks
you, listen to slayer, then you'll see what everyone means.

i have listened to slayer
it dont think i rip em off but ppl do
Everyone is going to sound like someone else in some way or another, it's called having influences. Don't let douche bags at the guitar place you were at bother you.
everyone sounds like someone else. Just ignore it.
whenever I make a riff I try and find as many similiar riffs from other bands and see if mine sounds like theirs. If it does, I change or scrap mine so even if people say I'm ripping off stuff, I can say completely that its not ripped off even if it sounds similiar.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
yh **** it ill just say this if anyone moans
''its called real metal, slayer play it, pantera play, now i ****ing play it, problem?''
:P that should shut em up
Quote by Dr.Tomahawk
^^^ LOL

So don't change your playing style, don't listen to what people like that say. If they claim you're a Slayer/Pantera ripoff then you're obviously fairly unique because thier guitarists styles are very different and they claim you are some combination of both. Besides im sure if you listened to these people playing you may well hear similarities to the playing styles of existing players

+1

And also, these people are either Jealous or just plain idiots. Possibly both.

Don't worry about it, people always talk crap.
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9