Page 1 of 4
Well, i suppose this applies mostly in the UK, because America's somehow avoided Chavs by the looks of things. Well, most days in my peaceful village-type thing (turlin moor), walking to the shops or even being out for longer than a few minutes can not happen without me or a friend of mine being called a "Greeeboooo". It's really started to annoy me recently because it has slowly got worse. The chavs will now actually start fights, or punch you whereas before, they would slither away and have sex with their sisters. THe other day, me and a friend were out and around. I was wearing converses, jeans and an iron maiden top and she was wearing a grey loose top, jeans and black eyelinery stuff when we were verbally assaulted by kids our age and younger. Then we were physically assaulted, one ran up from a distance behind me and barged me as far as he could. (He was a short fat bastard though so not much happened) and the female one, who had always been the school skank at our old school if i remember correctly. Ugly, smells like a horse on a sunday morning, you know the type, punched my friend. Then accused us of laughing at some kid dying because "we like death and all that". It really sucks, but we had to keep walking on.

Feel free to tell any stories of anti-"greeebooo"ism by chavs which may have happened to you.
Back and sexier than ever

Co-founder and #1 member of The Pick-Eater's club. PM me to join.
n00baid member - PM draken to join
I get that a lot, mostly by a group of chavs from my school who know me. It's mostly 'Urgh, you dirty greebo!' etc etc. I'm not too fussed.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Dirty grebz need a wash LAWL.

No one says "Grebo" or any variation of it here - I think its a Midlands and up thing.

Luckily I know my stuff.
WTF is a greebo?

We don't get that down 'ere.

Here it's "Ere, ya ****in' dirty mosher!! What ya ****in doin'??!?!?"

Chavs are soooo witty, this is what they can come up with: "Mosh, mosh get a wash".

**** me, the sheer wit almost caused my lungs to implode.
Quote by Jackolas
Dirty grebz need a wash LAWL.

No one says "Grebo" or any variation of it here - I think its a Midlands and up thing.

Luckily I know my stuff.

... I'm a southerner dude, unless you mean south by "up"

No-one knows what a greebo is down in the south-west, we're either, 'goffs' or 'deertey ghey emooos'. Meh, I insult their intelligence and they are stunned with confusion.
NOPE.
The reason that they're more violent now is because chavs are dying out, and only the hardcorest chavs remain. Before, there were so many poseurs that you were less likely to bump into someone willing to knock your bollocks out of your nostrils.

Just smack 'em back, if you need to defend yourself then do it.
Quote by jajp001
... I'm a southerner dude, unless you mean south by "up"

Well I dunno, maybe it's just where I live - not many people would know the word.

People honestly just say "emos" now or "sk8ers" even if they don't skate, it's embarrassing.

ITT: We compile words for "rock people" by chavs.

I've been called "mosher" and "goff".

Never emo though. Even chavs recognise that
My personal controversial explanation on chav problem.

Back in the days, there was a horrible clash between farmer types and "city" types. They started mating.

Plus many other factors... the UK's very own, stupid unique chavs.
Beat the f*** out of them.

We don't have "chavs" around here, but a good amount of gangsters. I know most of them, since my sister hangs out with them, but a lot of the time, I'll get them yelling "EEEEEMMOOOO!!" at me from their cars. They're pussies, though. Once some guys yelled at me from their car, then I saw them later that day, in a parking lot, they looked at me, and ran away.
When I used to dress punk or "rocker" or whatever I was harassed.

Never called "Greebo" because I am American but I do know what you mean.

Now I don't wear clothes that I would wear to a rock concert very often. A person on the street would think I'm far from a rocker. I think for me its more growing up so I can get a job kind of thing.

My friends from back then think I have sold out but who cares anyway.
What's a greebo? And how many have this problem? Noone needs my bodyguard services in sweden because it's so peaceful, maybe I should move to england.

Quote by charvel_man
No-one knows what a greebo is down in the south-west, we're either, 'goffs' or 'deertey ghey emooos'. Meh, I insult their intelligence and they are stunned with confusion.

*Charvel_man did intelligence attack*

... ...

*chav hurts himself in the confusion*
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by gopherthegreat
wait is a greebo like an emo?

Metalhead I think?

EDIT: lol at Kensai
NOPE.
Quote by Joshrocker48

ya! your only in it for the money!

Jack my swag
Quote by Jackolas
My personal controversial explanation on chav problem.

Back in the days, there was a horrible clash between farmer types and "city" types. They started mating.

Plus many other factors... the UK's very own, stupid unique chavs.

I remember back when we called chavs "townies". Jesus I feel old.

Anyone else?
A grebo's basically anyone who's wearing darkish clothes and is known to listen to rock music round here.

And yeah, i remember when they were called townies. A few years ago, towny was an insult by the majority of people. It was cool to be a skater, then the tables turned very quick, and skaters were uncool and chavs came in.

They're good drinking buddies really, never had a problem with them really. Only once. But they go down incredibly easy without their army of 50 mates. True story Not heard that greebo thing before though
Quote by Vermintide

Anyone else?

i remember that

and i thought greebo was a west midlands sort of term? I know some areas havn't heard of it.

its a sort of stereotype given to long greasy haired kids who like rock music usually punk or metal..
Quote by Vermintide

Anyone else?

how old are you? from your videos you look around 25?

Jack my swag
Shoulda come back with a bat and balaclava, broken all their teeth.
Quote by Kensai

*Charvel_man did intelligence attack*

... ...

*chav hurts himself in the confusion*

Pure win.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Wow, I'd love to have something like that happen to me. I'd get an excuse to punch girls in the face.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by Joshrocker48
When I used to dress punk or "rocker" or whatever I was harassed.

Never called "Greebo" because I am American but I do know what you mean.

Now I don't wear clothes that I would wear to a rock concert very often. A person on the street would think I'm far from a rocker. I think for me its more growing up so I can get a job kind of thing.

Interesting point - I dress with my own style.

It was great because, in class a girl was really "wannabe goth come rocker" and she was like "sew wot style of m00six u like?!!11" so I goes "Guess" and she literally couldn't. She was like "wel i liek kornz" so I said "Well I prefer Metallica and Slayer" myself - she barely said anything and got pwnt.

It's great because then you can like a wide range of tuneage without being put into boxes so easily, by people who just love doing it
We've got chavs over here on our 24 square mile slab of rock,

I haven't had any incidents with chavs recently, our police are pretty hard on them
Quote by gopherthegreat
ya! your only in it for the money!

yup. Hence the job.

EDIT:
Quote by Jackolas
Interesting point - I dress with my own style.

It was great because, in class a girl was really "wannabe goth come rocker" and she was like "sew wot style of m00six u like?!!11" so I goes "Guess" and she literally couldn't. She was like "wel i liek kornz" so I said "Well I prefer Metallica and Slayer" myself - she barely said anything and got pwnt.

It's great because then you can like a wide range of tuneage without being put into boxes so easily, by people who just love doing it

Yeah, I really think dressing based on a music taste is very limited.
I'd rather wear clothes I like instead of what the cool thing to do is.

Posers like that are their own worst enemy attaching to a fad rather than the music or lifestyle.

Sometimes I feel people take what they wear too seriously.
Last edited by Joshrocker48 at Aug 11, 2007,
Quote by Vermintide

Anyone else?

Yes indeed. Old skool!

I actually don't use the C word (chav) but I do on here just so there is no misunderstanding.

Otherwise I'd say pikey ****s or kevs.
Once a chav and his buch of 15 friends snuck up behind me when I was walking to my friends with my MP3 on.

He punched me round the chops from the side; I turned to give chase and then they all ran away.

It was just me. And 15 of them. They ran like I was a raging bull FFS. I'm not exactly a huge tough guy, as some of you probably know

They are a joke really.
Quote by AngelOfHatred
They try use Metalhead as an insult?

What the ****.

Yeah, shoddy insult I know. I could insult them with: 'Look at yuuu, wiv yur combed 'air nd yurr clean traineeers! Clean nobghey!'

:/ Most chavs aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer.
NOPE.
Quote by Raziel2p
Wow, I'd love to have something like that happen to me. I'd get an excuse to punch girls in the face.

I couldn't even hit a chavette. I don't think so anyway. Hmm.
Quote by Vermintide
Once a chav and his buch of 15 friends snuck up behind me when I was walking to my friends with my MP3 on.

He punched me round the chops from the side; I turned to give chase and then they all ran away.

It was just me. And 15 of them. They ran like I was a raging bull FFS. I'm not exactly a huge tough guy, as some of you probably know

They are a joke really.

he sucker-punched you? jesus christ, thats incredibley stupid.........

Jack my swag
Quote by Jackolas

Her language skills turn me on

Back when I was in in school the only groups that you tended to fall into were sporty people, brainy people, girls, sociopaths and the losers who never had any ambition to do well. Personally I always hung out with the lo.....er, brainy people.
Quote by Jackolas

I couldn't even hit a chavette. I don't think so anyway. Hmm.

It'd be good for them in the long run. It'd build their character and so on.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Her language skills turn me on

Back when I was in in school the only groups that you tended to fall into were sporty people, brainy people, girls, sociopaths and the losers who never had any ambition to do well. Personally I always hung out with the lo.....er, brainy people.

Hahaha.

What's funny is I got on with people who got expelled...

Not the really horrible ****ers, I mean the people who had problems keeping themselves calm or from doing hilarious ****.
Page 1 of 4