Ernie Ball Regular Slinkies. No other strings will work.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
Ernie Ball Not Even Slinky

--Size 12 for Drop Tunings
--Size 10 for Regular tunnings

makes a huge difference in sound and is also very easy to glide your fingers on them.
only suggestion, don't tune drastically at first as they need to stretch, start off with Drop B then Drop C then D then regular tuning,

I always leave my guitar in Drop B

hope this helps, wish it were this easy to get sounds with amps and my MT-2 haha
Quote by MoonBoots432

Depends on playing style, on weither you pick not even slinky's or regular ones

but from metal I can assure you to get the not even slinky Size 12 at least

what I use

Ernie Ball Not Even Slinky (green-ish Package) for Detuning
24p

For regular rock or blues what have you, regular slinky's will work for you
You guys seriously must not know anything. Regular slinkies are the ONLY ones that will work. Using other strings would make the Jackson snap in half. Besides the stock strings of course.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
Depends how tight you tighten them
Not Slinkys are sort of made for Drop tuneings, which means less string tension, less stress on the neck, they are made to be tight as regular tuning when at low tension, as the strings are bigger

like I said, depends on your playing style
Pay no attention to Gore Galore, he's fails to realize that we're talking about a Jackson KELLY here. While on most Jacksons, choosing different strings is perfectly okay, a KELLY is fine tuned to accept only .10 gauge strings with a certain tension limit, and you know what those strings are?

Ernie Ball Regular Slinkies. Go for the green package son.
Well he'll never be able to go to Drop B or A at size 10
explain how a thicker string at lower tension would break the guitar I would like to know guess you don't drop tune a guitar to know
Quote by MoonBoots432
Pay no attention to Gore Galore, he's fails to realize that we're talking about a Jackson KELLY here. While on most Jacksons, choosing different strings is perfectly okay, a KELLY is fine tuned to accept only .10 gauge strings with a certain tension limit, and you know what those strings are?

Ernie Ball Regular Slinkies. Go for the green package son.

I may be wrong here... but I think you can set up any guitar for any strings.. It may be set up for 10s, but if you took it to a shop I am sure they could set it up for 12s with no danger to the neck warping or anything.
No no, see, it all has do to with the Kelly neck and bridge. If you got a different neck and maybe a different bridge, sure you can use different strings. But if you want to keep your Kelly as is, which I would, you need Ernie Ball Regular Slinkies.
I still don't get it, if you have size 12's and put them super low tension as in Drop Tunings then it wont stress the neck as if you put them in regular tuning, as for regular tuning it would be same tension as drop tuning for 12's as regular tension for 10's
which makes perfectly sense to me, even if holes were not big enough, thats an easy fix
Do I keep playing the game or what?

Some people just don't get it...
don't be dicks guys

anyway thread starter i recommend d'addario 10's or 9's depending on what you gauge is know(keep the same gauge for minimal setup problems)

heres some tips if you have a floyd rose or floating trem. Please look before you change the strings

Last edited by British_Steal at Aug 11, 2007,
I'm actually being serious, you just didn't explain yourself good enough, I just dont get it and im asking for you to explain it better yet you dont I still don't see how low tension with thick strings would break it, that must be one crap guitar

I'm acutally being friendly just wondering why, and how is anyone acting like a Dick? meh to many people jump to conclusions on here
Quote by GoreGalore
I'm actually being serious, you just didn't explain yourself good enough, I just dont get it and im asking for you to explain it better yet you dont I still don't see how low tension with thick strings would break it, that must be one crap guitar

I'm acutally being friendly just wondering why, and how is anyone acting like a Dick? meh to many people jump to conclusions on here

eh he's asking for a recommendations obviously having no clue how things work and you guys are kinda screwing around with him reccomending Ernie ball. whats wrong with you lol

nah i just know i would want straight answers n stuff you guys aren't really dicks compared to some of the other people her
Quote by MoonBoots432

You don't have to be a dick when someone asks a question.. Kinda ruining the point of this forum. If you wanna be a dick, go to an MG thread/Spider thread and bash the shit out of it.

Or the pit, either way.
Quote by Untitled001
You don't have to be a dick when someone asks a question.. Kinda ruining the point of this forum. If you wanna be a dick, go to an MG thread/Spider thread and bash the shit out of it.

Or the pit, either way.

Get the stick...out your ***.
Quote by MoonBoots432
Get the stick...out your ***.

Take the ****... Off your forehead =D

In all seriousness. If anything, you're the person who should get the stick out their ass. All I did was stick up for the ts.
now now little ones if yall want to flame each other use private mesages this thread has the thread starter confused