My friend keeps telling me he wants this Airline Guitar for like 850$ are these guitars anygood?
yeah ive played them before i think there really good, and seeing as how Jack White uses one i would assume they must be pretty darn good lol
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall DSL40C
I think Jack uses an original, but yea id buy one if i could. The non-reverse Firebird looks super cool.
Jack White Isnt That Great Of A Musician, I Wouldnt Trust Him Playing An Airline Guitar To Anything, I Would Much Rather Buy A Gretsch Or A Higher Priced Hollowbody Gibson Or Something.

And For The Record I Like The White Stripes and The Racontuers But It Is Not Because Of Jack White At All, Truley He Isnt A Very Good Musician, He Cant Even Play A Bass, Basically Half The People On Here Are Better Then Him.

So My Instinct Would Be Drop Getting An Airline, and Pick Up A Gibson or a Gretsch Instead.
/_/_/ GEAR \_\_\

Epi Les Paul Classic Quilt Top
Ibanez RG320EX

Marshall 100HDFX
Peavey 4X12 Cab

Quote by Next Hendrix
You know you're a guitar player when your girlfriend says she got a new g-string and you ask " Is it nickel-wound or bronze phosphorous?"
Omg You Dont Need A Capital Letter Per Word M8
PRS Custom 22
Fender American Stratocaster
Fender Road Worn Telecaster
Fairclough Sky Accoustic

Laney VC15-110
Roland MicroCube
Quote by TFMGuitarist666
And For The Record I Like The White Stripes and The Racontuers But It Is Not Because Of Jack White At All, Truley He Isnt A Very Good Musician, He Cant Even Play A Bass, Basically Half The People On Here Are Better Then Him.

Jack White CAN play bass, look for the hentchmen, they have a 'new' cd out, it's called the hentchmen forth-five with Jack White, he played bass in that band, so he CAN play bass.

Airline look cool and if Jack uses them, they must be good
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

no pun intended but Jack White isnt amazing but hes a "Jack of all trades" kinda guitar player.
It depends, if its an origional eastwood thats a great deal on a expensive, but kinda shiitty, guitar. If its an eastwood its a great guitar, but thats alittle more then it normally cost.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
How would not being able to play bass make him a bad musician?
I guess Beethoven was a terrible musician then.

On topic.. I love the look of some of those guitars, though im yet to see/try one in a guitar shop =[
Quote by TFMGuitarist666
Jack White Isnt That Great Of A Musician, I Wouldnt Trust Him Playing An Airline Guitar To Anything, I Would Much Rather Buy A Gretsch Or A Higher Priced Hollowbody Gibson Or Something.

So My Instinct Would Be Drop Getting An Airline, and Pick Up A Gibson or a Gretsch Instead.

Noone listens to advice from someone who types like a 12 year old.

Jack White is a superb musician, he may not be an amazing technical player, but he is a great musician, and I bet he doesn't capitalize every word he types.

Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by TFMGuitarist666

if hes such a terrible musicians why arent you a pro making millions of dollars on songs better than the White Stripes? and by the way he plays bass on the track "My Doorbell"

other wise shut up about how hes a bad musician, hes an awesome musician and good guitarist
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall DSL40C
good musician means he can write good songs, and as u said, he does that well, great technical player??? well he aint not steve vai, but i bet u a lot of money the jack makes more money than steve
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by TFMGuitarist666

Is There Any Real Reason You Capitalized Every Word In this Post?
Quote by Jim Morrison
Indians scattered on Dawn's highway bleeding, Ghosts crown the young child's fragile eggshell mind
Lolz debating Jack White, he's cool, it doesn't matter if you can play guitar well or not when you're that cool.

I can't play bass either BTW. I guess I'll never get anywhere in the music world..

As for the Airline guitar, I think they're the Eastwood copies?? If so they are pretty good quality guitars. Not plastic like the originals.

And while we're on the topic, the guy from Crowded House played one of those red Airline guitars long before the White Stripes even existed!
I think that Jack White actually dug Airlines because they were so spectacularly shitty, not because they were good.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by poipoi
Airline look cool and if Jack uses them, they must be good

So, if Slash or Vai endorsed some low end crappy guitar like a BC Rich they must be good then, huh? Just because someone uses a certain product does not make it the best thing in the world.
i wanted one(not as my main guitar,just as a novelty)till i found out they werent plastic.
Member #30 of the Fender Armada

60th anniversery American strat
Ibanez RG 370
MIM strat with ceramic humbucker in bridge
Squeir affinity strat
Fender blues deluxe
fender fm 15g
Boss DS-1
Vox V847
if you like the airline model, i'd suggest going for an eastwood guitar. They make copies of all those funky old pawnshop guitars with like 5 pickups and organ switches, including airline copies, but they make them using quality parts (gibson pickups, mahogany body, etc.). I've used them before and they're great. definitely go for them instead of an original (they're cheaper too).
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Jack White admits that his guitar sucks.

It makes him feel better about himself to be able to create music that people like while being "handicapped" by a crappy guitar.

Douchebag.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I think they're pretty sexy:

Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!