i was at a local music store the other day they had 3 slanted fret basses a 4 5 and a 6 string. the guy told me these frets wre slanted to make you play faster
i couldnt play fast on those things to save my life it was very confuzing stuff. now it may be one of those things that you jsut have to play alot andf get used to and it pays off better in the end, or it may not be.

has any one else experienced these basses?

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
They're supposed to give better inotation all over to the fretboard for multiple string basses.

I've never seen one let alone tried one so that's where my knowledge stops.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
just liek that, couldent do it
lol

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
Quote by Jonnomainman
They're supposed to give better inotation all over to the fretboard for multiple string basses.

I've never seen one let alone tried one so that's where my knowledge stops.

Erm...aren't prettymuch all basses multiple string really? Unless you play a one-string.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Quote by sammcl-15
Erm...aren't prettymuch all basses multiple string really? Unless you play a one-string.

Yeah but i meant with more strings like 6, 8, 11 stringers. Sorry if i didn't make it more clear.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
how many frets on that? looks around 40. the last 10 or so also look impossible to use
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
how many frets on that? looks around 40. the last 10 or so also look impossible to use

If I counted correctly, 38. Yeah, it looks quite impossible. You'd have to be like a midget amongst midget to use it or something.
I have talked to some people who use it

It is faster than usual because it conforms to your hand's natural position ( instead of you moving your hand or bending your wrist/turning it to fit the bass ) and it is also more comfortable for the wrist.

And the higher frets are usable. I don't see why you would say they aren't. They highest frets are like the 24th fret of a guitar.

And it is called " fanned frets "

and no matter what anyone says, it doesn't help with intonation. it helps with tuning stability, string tension, etc. but not intonation at all. They usually have as good of intonation as any other expensive bass.
Quote by civildp1
It's not rocket surgery.
Quote by Kensai
That was so hot my penis exploded.
Quote by killthekingx
I **ing hate Opeth. They make every other band I know look bad.

Quote by beckyjc
some cockwanks just wan to throw 5 stars at her because she has a vag