Page 1 of 3
Who do you think is the band most respected here on UG?
And no, I'm not asking if you like them or not.

Edit: ^Read the second line again. Please.
Edit 2: I'm not asking for a band that is not disrespected.
Last edited by Slayer_Guy at Aug 11, 2007,
Sublime or Rush? I personally respect just about any band. I do draw the line sometimes though.
SPACE FOR RENT
I'd say Rush, seem to be one of the few bands that gets pretty much no negative comments when an article is posted.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Quote by steee21
Bullshit.

Fall Out Boy.

+1
hendrix was overrated and grohl is better in food fighters than in nirvana
Dream Theater? Like them or not you can't deny they're are some of the best disciplined musicians for each of their instruments.
Funny words.
Quote by VivaLaJam
I can't stand RHCP :\...

Hmmm i'd say RATM.

So you have no respect for RHCP?
SPACE FOR RENT
Quote by The Madcap
The Allman Brothers Band. I have never seen them disrespected.

I don't see how you could. Honestly.
SPACE FOR RENT
id agree with pantera, and what's with these people and all these obscure bands? the thread isnt for your favorite bands, but the most respected, so talk about bands everyone knows and respects (or hates). But pantera is my vote, who doesnt respect brother dime?
well you cant say wich band in particular...go to "the only { band name } thread" youll c great respect for that band...but if you see that same bands name sumwere else...a lot of ppl are flaming em...like rush...a whole lotta ppl like em...or rhcp(yay!) but there are a lot of ppl flaming em...

and we should respect all the muscians...theyve worked their asses off to bring us beautifull material but yeah...Rock'N'Soul said...you gotta draw the line somewhere...for me that line is fall out boy and good charlotte

EDIT: to martyr1130 yeah pantera is one of the most respected bands in this site...

RE...SPECT...WALK!!!
I'd say Pink Floyd, Muse, or Led Zeppelin. You can't deny that they all pioneered in rock music's history.
Peace.
Quote by crazygluedmybut
I'd say Pink Floyd, Muse, or Led Zeppelin. You can't deny that they all pioneered in rock music's history.

Jimmy Page's guitar-playing is very disrespected, here.
I'de agree with DT one of the best functioning bands ever, was reading their wiki today, mike changes the set list for every nite, plus its different from the last time they visited that city as well, they have to have special lighting to react to the song that is being played because they keep the majority of the material practised and on hand to play at any given time.

Maybe RATM, but their singer left for ages so he looses my vote.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
The bands that aren't disrespected are the ones obscure enough that hardly anyone talks about them, except their fans.
Quote by The Madcap
......not really....

SHUN THE NON BELIEVER!!! SHUN!!!!
Quote by Silentnight66
Because this thread has Hitler and being hyper in it here's the fact of the day. Hitler was a meth addict.
muse (my fav band)
or
spinal tap
or
the ramones

green day seems to be the LEAST respected band around here for some reason...even though i love em
Quote by Metalcredge
Couldn't you have made the letters smaller yet?

No. That's the minimum size. Perhaps maybe if I used a different font. Nonetheless, Rush isn't loved by everyone.
rush all three are masters of their instruments and they are the perfect example of a band, great musicly, touring forever, and they do it because they love the music. as do i
I am awesome

I agree with myself

Third Ninja Commander of the UG Society of Ninjas.
Quote by Mike9200
rush all three are masters of their instruments and they are the perfect example of a band, great musicly, touring forever, and they do it because they love the music. as do i

+100000000
Quote by crazygluedmybut

amen.

Quote by That-Funny-Guy
muse (my fav band)
or
spinal tap
or
the ramones

green day seems to be the LEAST respected band around here for some reason...even though i love em

the ramones?

no. definately not, youre just naming off the bands that you like.
this thread is pointless, everyones going to be somewhat bias towards certain bands.
im bias towards zeppelin, pink floyd, queen, stuff like that.
other people are bias towards rhcp, rush and *shudders* pantera.

theres no way around it.
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
Quote by imnotastoner
amen.

the ramones?

no. definately not, youre just naming off the bands that you like.
this thread is pointless, everyones going to be somewhat bias towards certain bands.
im bias towards zeppelin, pink floyd, queen, stuff like that.
other people are bias towards rhcp, rush and *shudders* pantera.

theres no way around it.

The thread is based on people's opinions about who they think is the most respected band. If you put everyone's opinions together then you get some sort of general trend and a half-decent outcome.

Shut up now.
agreed^
UG will never find a band they cant disrespect if given the challenge. and all the n00bz in here are just going to flame about how the bands they like are "not being respected enough"

EDIT: i agreed to imnotastoner
ehh
SRV
People here may not really like him. But no one says that he's over rated, and everyone respects him
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by skaguitarist53
agreed^
UG will never find a band they cant disrespect if given the challenge. and all the n00bz in here are just going to flame about how the bands they like are "not being respected enough"

EDIT: i agreed to imnotastoner

*sigh*
I didn't ask for a band that's not disrespected.
I asked for the most respected band.
Page 1 of 3