I want to know what you guys think of my paint design for a les paul i will eventually make.
This is what i was thinking: A black, Green and Silver burst with my initials in the corner.

I was wondering how i could get the silver to work. Any ideas?

Also i was thinking about custom inlays for the future guitar
Last edited by DuhSpesoBoyz at Aug 11, 2007,
mine is like that but without the silver or your initials haha. spray it silver, then do the green around it, then do the black around that. youll have to keep a steady hand, but thats how its done
Alright thankyou.. Any suggestions on paint brands or types, also what should i use for the finish?
yeah i know i could draw a better one but I was using a paint program so it looked crappy
do you know how much a spray gun would cost cos im 14 and money is not easy for me to get
oh, theyre about 60 for a decent one. id stick with spray paint. spray it on in a bunch of thin coats then spray on clear (many coats so its pretty thick) then use some wet 400 sandpaper to smooth it all down (dont take off much) then do a final thin clear coat so its nice and glossy. i just used all high gloss spray paint in really thin coats and it came out fine (even without the sanding or the clear coat.
thank you, do you know any place to get cheap wood (neck and body), pickups (sound good), bridge, inlays. and everything else i would need for as cheap as i can possibly get?

EDIT: I have some pine and other wood i just dont know if it will work.
Quote by CamaroEric+
oh, theyre about 60 for a decent one. id stick with spray paint. spray it on in a bunch of thin coats then spray on clear (many coats so its pretty thick) then use some wet 400 sandpaper to smooth it all down (dont take off much) then do a final thin clear coat so its nice and glossy. i just used all high gloss spray paint in really thin coats and it came out fine (even without the sanding or the clear coat.

And about $100-$200 or more for a decent air compressor to power the spraygun. Then the paint...