not sure if this is the right fourm and what nots...

I recently learnt the song 'hey there delilah' by plane white t's from start to finish and i use a pick to play it with. Now, i was wondering if it would be better to play this particular song finger picking or using a pick. Im thinking more about the tone and using the pick makes it sound sharper, though finger picking would suit the songs guitar tone.

Also, how difficult would it be to play it form start to finish finger picked. I don't usually play with my fingers so im not sure whether to or not
The sex offenders register.. personally, i don't even think they should be in school.
I play it finger picked. It's really up to you, but I find it easier that way. If you aren't used to finger picking it's a good, simple song to start learning.
play with your fingers
it makes it a hell of a lot easier for you

you can get all of the notes
Quote by Friggly
my balls undropped...they're not all like low and stuff, and they look like they did when I was little...I still spew and stuff. Is it possible that I may be getting younger by the minute?!

haha^^
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Capt. Crow
It's pretty much impossible to make that song sound right with a pick. You can't hit all the strings, try it with you're fingers and you'll notice the difference.

It isn't really fingerpicking anyway, all you need to do is strum down with your thumb and up with your index and you should get it fine.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
Definetely finger pick, all the motions are the same so it's a great song to get used to fingerpicking. Pluck the root with your thumb and then hit the higher (usually 2 notes) with whichever finger feels the most comfortable, I tend to use my middle finger for it
If you watch him (I don't know his name) play it live, he finger picks it. Generally I find that the way the artist plays it gets you the best tone possible.

I recommend finger picking it, especially if you're new to finger picking. It's a good song to begin learning how to finger pick.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dllkXb9GDOA

If you watch that video, after he stops talking about who Delilah is and stuff, they zoom in to show him playing, so you can see exactly how he finger picks it.
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying.
I finger pick it, never found the tone to be suitable for the song when it's picked.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Quote by screamsoftly
It's pretty much impossible to make that song sound right with a pick. You can't hit all the strings, try it with you're fingers and you'll notice the difference.

It isn't really fingerpicking anyway, all you need to do is strum down with your thumb and up with your index and you should get it fine.

No not impossible at all actually!

but yes, i find it was designed for fingerstyle playing
fingestyle is the way to to get a more muffled sound to compliment the voice but a pick works too. Personal preference really.

It doesn't mater what you do unless you're training yourself to play the song with ur fingers or a pick.