"This is by far the most deadliest of distortion pedals. What DigiTech did on this pedal was set the gain to 11 and ripped out the button."

ahahaha. sorry. in the description of the pedal digitech describes putting the gain to "eleven" (spinal tap reference). and this guy wrote a review like he knew what he was talking about and that digitech was serious. that makes me laugh.

anyway, so i really really want this pedal. because i play a lot of death metal and grindcore though every once in a while there will be a bad review for it. does anyone know if that is people just being stiffs or is it actually true?
well if theres more reviews ssaying theyre good, and then occasionally theres one saying its bad, i think they're justbeing stiffs, or it doesn't suit what theyre playing, or theyre just too **** to get a good sound out of it coz theyre wankers.
i wonder if this pedal would be good for some ole dethklok.

i really hope it is good. i'm getting it tomorrow and i'll be sure to say if it is or not.
I love mine...and the Spinal Tap thing is in the little booklet you get with any Digitech pedal....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
well yeah i could see why you think that because you like rock, blues, and funk. not death metal. so please don't comment saying "it's rubbish" if it's not your style. see now blade slinger, i trust you more that timi hendrix because you like michael amott. arch enemy is closer to death metal that hendrix.
just because he doesn't listen to or play death metal doesn't mean he can't tell a turd pedal from a good one. I'm not a big fan of death metal however I do like Death, and digitech death metal won't get a sound as good as them, not even close.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
yeah but i'm thinking for the style i want, it should be good, especially for my low budget. and don't worry, i'm not looking to replicate death. i would like serious distortion for grindcore and as far as i'm conscerned this is it.
You're convinced it is good. Therefore, you will not accept any counsel otherwise. The best thing to do is to try it out for yourself. Online reviews are rubbish, apart from Harmony Central. However, if you're not looking at good equipment, the reviews will most likely be written by tone-deaf fanboys anyhow. How long have you been playing? What amp are you using?
i will accept advise, just not as well from people who aren't looking for the same sound as me.

i've been playing for three years. as skill goes, i can play all as i lay dying songs, select few megadeth (including solos) etc.

i've got a line 6 spider three though i'm getting a new amp very soon.
If you're looking for grindcore-type distortion (ie, no note definition) or typical OTT death metal distortion (ie, no note definition), then this is the pedal for you!! However, if you want clarity, versatility, or any semblance of a permanent pedal that you won't get sick of in a few months, look elsewhere.

I hate this pedal with a passion. It gives death metal a bad name.
Quote by ShizNick
Ok I think we're all good now. We're on the same page, and I'm back to trying to get with his sister.

^That's how you do it, kids!
Member #3 of the Iron Maiden Are Gods club. PM Revelations to join!

I write, apparently!
Don't know how good it's for death metal. For I own one, and for Heavy Metal, it sucks.
It gives WAY too much treble, and the tone is sharp as Uma Thurman's sword in Kill Bill.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

well that's really dissapointing. i can't get anything else because i don't have enough money. i would really like the mt-2 but i can't afford. its not like i can save up money because i don't get money. i don't get allowance. the only reason i have fifty bucks is because i had a really long babysitting which i never do. i only do it because my sister couldn't.

can you think of any other pedal that would do well in my price range?
You could look for a used MT-2. It's not the best, but it's far better than the DigiTech pedal. I know they go for $50-60 used around here. I'd sell you mine for $50, but my best friend has some weird sexual attachment to it, and he won't give it back to me, not that I want it.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I can get a much better sound out of my MT-2...and people hate the MT-2.

'nuff said.

wiki wiki wah
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I bought the Digitech Death Metal and BOSS Metal Core (ML-2), and the Digitech pwns the BOSS.
Quote by tpkemme
well yeah i could see why you think that because you like rock, blues, and funk. not death metal. so please don't comment saying "it's rubbish" if it's not your style. see now blade slinger, i trust you more that timi hendrix because you like michael amott. arch enemy is closer to death metal that hendrix.

But you see, I also listen to and play metal, and I happen to know that the pedal sounds shite. So if you want to ignore me, fine, but don't come whinging to us when you realise you bought a steaming pile of dung.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
accept advice from all, not just those who play the same stuff as you. you seem like you simply want confirmation that the pedal you are planning to get is good, well the hard truth is it isn't. for it's price, sure it's up there, but it's by no means a good pedal.
i would say get a metal muff, it's another £20/$40 but well worth it. although if the new amp you plan on getting is all-tube, just get a good overdrive pedal. but get your amp first, it might handle death metal fine on it's own (what amp are you intending to buy?) then if not consider pedals.
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Last edited by Storm_Bringer_ at Aug 12, 2007,
I sold my digitech pedal and upgraded my ss amp to a tube amp. When you want more low end to your sound, you ll need a good tube amp with good speakers. Otherwise, it sounds thin. This pedal produces a lot of gain, and to me it sounded a bit similar to the MT-2 but with less options.
Quote by tpkemme

Michael Amott used to be in carcass, carcass is death metal (well at one stage). Early pioneers of death metal some say.
No the digitech death metal will not cut it for death metal, unless you spend an age trying to EQ the thing. Ok it'll work for the scooped decapitated/deicide forms of death.....but venturing into more technical variants like Necrophagist....Death...Cannibal Corpse it just doesn't provide the clarity needed for those kinda riffs. If you can just save up for a decent amp like a 5150/6505, Mark IV, ENGL powerball etc, it'll be worth it far more in the long run.
i played the metal muff today. despite the fact that its more money than i have, i think its significantly better.

now i just need a way to find money....

start looking in the cushions.

and as the new amp goes, apparently it'll be a while.
wise choice with the metal muff and christmas is coming up, get the parents to chip in a little for a new amp. i'm hoping to save up enough for my amp before christmas so i can get something else delicious from the parents
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
yeah well my parents can't really "chip in" because they're divorced so consequently they hate each other.

but my dad is trying to win back my love (not going happen....) so he'll probably buy me the amp i want. and i'm pretty sure i'm getting a ss.

as for the metal muff, i'll just have to babysit, even though i can't do it often. the key is, if you let them do whatever they're not supposed to the first time you babysit, the kids love you forever. then you can babysit them like normal and they'll just love you. works every time.

and to the people that were giving advice, trust me, i trust you more than myself. its just i would like nothing better that to be able afford a good pedal so i try to make myself believe it's good.
Last edited by tpkemme at Aug 13, 2007,
i like the way the MT2 works, but i can't say i've played the other ones at all...
Leader of The Mighty Powermetal Brethren. PM me to join.

ALL HAIL DYSTOPIA!!!

Angry Mob
yeah , make a plan to crap out more cash and get a decent metal peadal and never worry about it again . Metal Muff
Gibson SG spesial

Marshall 1987X MKII Head
Genz Benz El diablo 100 Head
Genz Benz Gflex 212 cab.

Korg AX1500G multi effects pedal