Whew, it's been a long couple of days, with a lot of horrible sounding chords, but I am finally getting the hang of barre chords. I was just wondering if anybody has any tips on how they learned them? Just keep switching between them, sliding up and down the neck or what?

And another question on how long it took everybody to learn barre chords. My hand seems to be cramping up, but after 2 days I finally am getting them down. (just playing them cleanly, not switching between any). Thanks, and good luck to those who haven't tried them!
I never had much of a problem with bar chords only when I had to bar with my pinky and that was a bitch to learn
Bar with your pinky? Were you in a different tuning than regular?

And wow, it took me a while to finally get this barring down, a pinky would take me a while.
Try:

E 7
B 7
G 7
D 7
A 5
E

I barre 7 with my pinky, its just easier, but practice is the onyl route to getting a stronger finger im afraid!
Quote by cakemonster91

*chuckle* A peanut. With a face.

Go to your staff paper and re-write this song a half step down so on the paper it'll be like you have a "C" just move it down to a "B#"

Know your theory, then play like you don't.

Well ive been playing 2 years not long but ive spent the last 2 weeks on 6 different shapes and that was one of them, it gets alot easier the more time you send on it!
Heres a nice one, quite easy fingering:

E 7
B 8
G 9
D 10
A
E

Sounds lush! Its a Cmaj7, moveable obviously, your root is on the D string.
Quote by cakemonster91

*chuckle* A peanut. With a face.

Go to your staff paper and re-write this song a half step down so on the paper it'll be like you have a "C" just move it down to a "B#"

Know your theory, then play like you don't.

i just started playing my favourite songs that have power chords in them with barre chords, that's how i got the finger strengh.