hi, i have a skin problem on my hands that affects my fretting. the strings on my bass are too coarse for me to slide my finger along, and i was wondering whether there are finger guards or something that would help, or maybe strings that are less coarse if finger guards are a silly idea. it would really help, because il have to quit bass otherwise.
"If you were a genie and a person asked you this wish, 'I wish you would not grant me this wish', what would you do?"

"Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, 'I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here and drink what comes out'?"
you develop callouses on your fingers after time, normally its a few weeks. its normal.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
You could try some flat wound bass strings. I dont know what kind of tones you're after, they will produce a much flatter sound from your bass.

Flat Wound Bass Strings
Last edited by 1watt at Aug 11, 2007,
are you really devoted to bass playing? well if you cant really develop calouses... theres always super glueing your fingers...
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Elixer bass strings should do it for you. This way you can ease into your calous and not go so extreme. Also, you don't have to press down hard on the string to fret it...you could probably stand to loose some of the pressure you're using.
im pretty sure its ecsema(nooo idea of spelling)...i dont think "calluses" are what TS is after. ive had blisters on my fingers...and found that anything apart from skin on strings just doesnt feel right or work.