Hi all!
I have a boss gt8 and it has the midi in out funtion/abilities thing. What would i ever need this for?? Its been bugging me for a while! Would it make my guitar sound like a midi patch or what?
Thanks! I appreciate your help!
When one truly knows oneself, one understands that one is divine, but also one understands that one is mortal. In such a way, you recognize that this mortality is really meaningless, as physical existence is meaningless.
its for midi syncing, and possibly using it to control other midi devices.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
It's like a USB to connect it to the PC.
You connect it to the pc, and you can upload patches, and modify them easier. I guess that it's also for digital recording and stuff. But I use it to upload / download.
The problem with the GT8, is that it's SO big and customizable, that you will never know what everything does.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by IndieMetalhead
its for midi syncing, and possibly using it to control other midi devices.

but what is midi syncing? Im not too sure about that. Is it like if you connected a keyboard to the pc, and with the right software, could "play" midi notes in the recording software (eg fruity loops etc) but with a guitar??
When one truly knows oneself, one understands that one is divine, but also one understands that one is mortal. In such a way, you recognize that this mortality is really meaningless, as physical existence is meaningless.
I assume you can use it as a sort of MIDI controller. Meaning that using a computer, set a certain BPM you can change the effects/effects settings/etc in real time without having to press a single pedal down.
if you had an amp or any other gera that had a MIDI input for channel and switching and such you could interface it directly to the patches in the GT8
if you plugged it into the MIDI in on a synthesiser, the synthesiser would create the notes the guitar is playing
Quote by pimpinazndude
^ wut he said

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Quote by BadgeMan
if you plugged it into the MIDI in on a synthesiser, the synthesiser would create the notes the guitar is playing

nope

you need a hexphonic pickup and the whole MIDI guitar system shebang for it to do that
Quote by seljer
nope

you need a hexphonic pickup and the whole MIDI guitar system shebang for it to do that

ah right, I thought maybe the pedal would translate audio into MIDI, cuz there's software that can do that.

I hate how hexphonic pickups are so expensive, and unreliable. Then again, I've never owned one so...
Quote by pimpinazndude
^ wut he said

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!